chapter 5 ✦ magic crosses over

New York City

I got to school and quickly went to my first class. I sat down in my normal seat and waited for Peter to come through the door. I was so embarrassed. Why does New York Riley have to act like Weak Riley? I saw Peter come into the class, but stop at a desk to talk to another boy who was in my class. I reached into my backpack and got my book out. I started to read where I left off. I couldn't concentrate on the words. Peter looked so much like my Peter, but why? I shook of the thought and read the book. Class started and Peter took a seat next to me, not saying a word. Probably thinks I'm clinically insane. The bell rang at the end of class and I stood up, rushing out of the classroom. I went to my locker to get my math book out until it was suddenly slammed by someone. I looked up and saw my worst enemy. Rebecca.

"What do you want?" I snarled. I finally got my confidence from Neverland back. She gave me a fake smile.

"I was wondering if you have a homecoming date?" Rebecca asked in her preppy voice. I cringed. Bloody cheerleaders.

"Aw, you're desperate," I laughed at her, rolling my eyes. "How cute," I said under my breath. Rebecca snorted at my response and flipped her hair over her shoulder.

"Every boy is practically begging for me to take them," She quipped which made me scoff.

"At least I'm not going to be on Teen Mom," I smirked. Her smirk disappearance and she grabbed my shoulder, slamming me against my locker. I whimpered and winced as my back ached. She smiled at my pain. A hint of evil crept its way into my eyes and I chuckled, hysterically.

"What are you laughing about?" Rebecca hissed and I smirked.

"You're weak. If you hadn't noticed already, we're in high school. When we graduate, the real world outside of here will bitch slap you so hard that all that power you held over people's heads will slowly crumble," I rambled on and she just stared at me. "You could never hurt me," Anger flooded in her eyes and she raised her fist. She punched me in the stomach. I gasped and fell to the ground. She started to kick my stomach in repeatedly. After I took the beating, I watched from the floor as she walked over to her friends. They mocked me. I didn't care. If this were Neverland, they'd be ripped apart by mermaids. I slowly got up and held my stomach. I looked up to see Peter staring at me. I looked away and dialed the combination to my locker. I opened it and got my textbook out, putting it in my backpack. I slammed it shut and limped to math class. I could still feel Peter watching me. The school day ended and I returned home. I immediately went to the roof. I threw my backpack on the ground and walked over to the ledge. I leaned foward and looked down at the cars. I decided to swing my legs over the edge and sit down. As I did that, I imagined myself flying. The wind rushing through my hair. It wasn't the same though. Neverland really made my wish come true. I dangled my feet and inched closer to the edge. Does flying work here? I closed my eyes and inched closer.

"Stop!" Someone shouted. I looked behind my shoulder to see Peter.

"How did you know I was up here?" I asked him and he walked towards me.

"You come here when you're lost," Peter repeated my words that I spoke last night. I nodded and turned back to the view. "Are you okay?" I didn't answer his question. "That girl made you into a punching bag or something."

"What are you doing here? Are you here to judge me like everyone else?" I blurted, a pit of anger boiling up inside of me.

"Can you please get away from the ledge?" Peter begged. I sighed and looked back down the building before getting off.

"I wanna go home," I whispered. Peter inched towards me.

"Where is home for you?" He asked. I was about to answer, but a screech interrupted our conversation. I looked up at the sky to see something flying towards us. I squinted and couldn't believe my eyes. A flying monkey. My eyes widened and I grabbed Peter's hand.

"We need to go like now," I hurried and I pulled him to the door. The beast was on pursuit. I gripped the door handle, but it wouldn't open. "Bloody fantastic!" I let go and looked back at it. It landed on the ground and glared at us. Peter's eyes widened in fear.

"What the hell is that?!" He exclaimed. I pushed him behind me and walked towards the beast. "Riley, we need to go," I shook my head.

"What are you waiting for? Make your move!" I screamed at the monkey, ignoring Peter. It screamed, showing it's sharp jaws. I closed my eyes and chanted in my head. I believe, I believe, I believe. I felt something heavy weight my hand down. I looked in it and saw a sword. I smiled at it and held it up, pointing it at the monkey. I looked down at the sword. "Oh, I've missed you," I smiled. The flying monkey spread its wings and flew up above me. I ran towards it and the monkey charged at me. I jumped up at it and raised my sword over my head. I stuck him and he screech. His wing hit my body and knocked me to the ground. I tumbled on the floor and groaned. Peter was right in front of it in fear. Wow, this isn't the Peter I remember. I got up, trying to sooth my pain from earlier and now. I ran towards it again and slashed my sword at it. It backed away and clawed at me. I kept swinging my sword until I struck a nerve. Blood gushed out from the beast's stomach. It suddenly dissolved into a green mist and disappeared. I sighed in relief, dropping to my knees with exhaustion. I looked up to see a shocked Peter.

"Oh my god," He whispered under his breath. "What? How? I..,"He rubbed his forehead. "I'm going crazy."

"That was a flying monkey," I told him. "And no, you're not crazy," He just stared at me in disbelief.

"Where the hell did you learn to do that?!" He yelled at me. Rage and confusion filled his eyes. You could see it from a mile away. I sighed and walked towards him, but he back away from me.

"My father, Killian Jones," I told him. "Or Captain Hook," He laughed at me. "It's true."

"You really expect me to believe that?" He mocked me which made me mad. He should believe.

"Dude, you just say a freaking flying monkey!" I shouted.

"So all of this is real?" Peter exclaimed and I laughed, "Answer me!"

"As real as you and me, pal," I smiled and he looked at me funny. "Peter, I'm going to tell you a story and I'm hoping you can get something out of it," I stepped towards him until I was inches away from him. "A long time ago, my father abandoned me and I was lost at sea. I ended up on an island called Neverland. Crazy right? I brought other girls to the island and lead the group. I was enemies with Peter Pan who was a ruthless, but I fell in love with him. He died at the hand of the Dark One. The Evil Queen or Regina put a memory spell on me so I could escape Pan's curse. The funny thing is that you look exactly like Peter. That's why I think you're my lost love," When I was done, he didn't say anything to me which I expected. I walked towards the ladder that lead to the fire escape. I started to climb down and found my bedroom window. I went over to my dresser.

"Riley," I heard Peter say. I turned around and saw him at the window. "I'm sorry about Peter, but I'm not him."

"I understand," I sadly smiled. I turned to the note that was on my dressed. I read it over and over.

"What's that?" Peter whispered and I handed it to him.

"The last thing Peter gave to me before he died," Peter nodded and started to read it. I watched his eyes moved back and forth. Peter looked up at me. Suddenly, the note dropped out of his hand and he fell to the floor, shaking with violence. It looked like he was having a seizure. I quickly bent down and tried to stopped him. I yelled his name with tears in my eyes. He stopped shaking and sat up from the ground like nothing was wrong. His face lit up with glee. Peter grabbed my face and kissed my passionately. I was confused, but I melted into it. I moved onto his lap and straddled him as we made out. He pulled away to take a breath.

"I remember," Peter breathed and he kissed me again. I was overjoyed. "I love you," He mumbled inbetween kisses.

"I love you too,"