Historical Timeline

-1,100

Earth discovers faster-than-light drive nicknamed "reality skimming" and founds Alpha Colonies

-1,080

Contact with Alpha Colonies lost due to jump destabilization

-1,070

Self-Evolved, Ltd. founded in response to need for tougher humans to explore rich potential beyond "G" gate. VR and DM lines established

-1,030

Self-Evolved geneticist Amanda Lorel sides with renegade pilots called "Beyonders" based on planet G-LN and helps establish colony in which VRs and DMs participate as equals. Term "sevolite" applies to Lorel's own genetically improved line, as well as Self-Evolved's VR and DM products.

Period of Lorel Dominance

-1,000

War with Earth leads to the foundation of a Sevolite empire, based on planet Gelion (G-LN). Contact with Earth is lost. Rise of sevolites as dominant group and Okal Rel as philosophy/religion

- 970

House Monitum formed by (commoner) Beyonders and (Sevolite) Lorels, following discovery of Monitum Reach.

- 950

Lorel/Vrellish discovery of Red Vrel. Prompted First Civil War in which Lorels were slaughtered by Vrellish. Vrel-sympathizing Monitum evicts Demish from Monitum.

- 900

Rise of the hybrid houses under Lorel and Lor'Vrellish Avas. "Discovery" of Luverthan (Earth) by Lorels. Exploration under Lorel-influenced Vrellish and Demish turns up hotly contested Alliance Reach and Demish Net.

- 800 to -792

Second Civil War (Purity Wars) between Golden Demish and Black Vrel, the Golden Demish working through and sometimes controlled by impure allies and Lorel mastermind. Further genetic manipulation by Lorel. Black Vrel (actually hybrid) declares itself a pure line. Dem'Vrel, Lor'Vrel and H'Usians all acknowledged hybrids. War ends with Golden Demish assuming the Throne. Monatese civil war, ending in realignment with Lor'Vrel and important monopoly on access to Luverthanian medicine. Reigning Demish line actually Lor'Demish.

Commoners lose most civil rights, conscience bonding imposed on educated commoners. Segregation of commoners and sevolites in education. "Palace College" becomes Gorarelpul college.

Demish Golden Age

- 780 to -650

Black Vrellish now calling themselves Nesaks. Chronic fighting over Alliance Reach and Red Vrel, with Demish aiding whoever their own logic tells them is the underdog which has the net effect of sustaining the debilitating war. Dem'Vrel exterminated. Vrellish resentment of Demish court. Nesak priesthood emerging which has absorbed some of Lorel space lore in ritual knowledge. Slow loss of Golden Demish power to H'Usians. Invasions of Monitum in which Sanctuary comes in handy. Sputtering clan warfare with Golden Demish/H'usians riding on top. Okal Rel wavers but is firmly re-established.

- 610

Alliance Reach named for the successful alliance between Prince Nersal Nesak and a Lor'Vrellish Pureblood who found House Nersal in the aftermath, carving a private empire out of chaos both in the contested Vrellish reaches and disintegrating health of the Golden court.