Chapter Six: First Day of School

I wake up to someone's head towering over me.

"Get up! It's your first day of school! Jc got Jenn to get you some clothes and a bookbag last night and they're on your desk!" Trevor says.

I groan and sit up. I guess Trevor's going with me.

I haven't really thought about what school would be like. I always thought it would be treacherous and painful but Trevor seems to be excited.

Well he was. He was practically here one minute and gone the next.

I look at the clothes this 'Jenn' girl got me and they weren't half bad. In fact I like them a lot.

She got me three shirts and two pairs of jeans. Also a note that says,

"Hey Gray!

I'm Jenn. You seemed to be asleep last night when I came in so I just put the clothes I bought here. I hope you like them bcs I did the best I could. BTW we are going shopping soon. Can wait to meetcha!

~Jennxpenn"

Jennxpenn? Is that like her real name or something? Anyways I already like her and I haven't even met her yet!

And I don't like a lot of people.

I put on one of the tee shirts that says "I WOULD PREFER NOT TO" on it and literally it is the best shirt I have ever owned. I absolutely love it.

Another one was just a plain old tee with stripes on the short sleeves.

And the last was a white lace tee that looked really pretty but uncomfortable.

Then there were pants. Just a pair of jeans and some black leggings.

I put my long brown hair up in a ponytail, put on my white converse and sling my new book bag over my shoulder.

I go downstairs to see Trevor waiting by the door on his phone.

"Hey! Did you have breakfast?" He asks when he realizes that I was standing right in front of him.

"Uh, n-yes! I mean I already ate earlier...." I stutter.

I'm used to a routine, and that routine does not give me a chance to eat in the morning. Only a snack for lunch and a normal dinner.

But now I have to add 'eight hours of hell- I mean school' to it.

"By the way I'll be in the same building as you. You're in... eighth grade I think Jc told me? Anyway I'm a junior. And I'm warning ya... some people at that school can a bit stuck up and snobby." He says and I nod. It may not seem like it but I am thankful for his advice.

Jesus christ I sound like a fucking eighty year old grandma.

Anyway Trevor has a bright red book bag to match his bright red Vans and a pair of black skinny jeans to go with a green tee.

Not bad.

"Bye Gray! Bye Trevor!" Jc calls.

I stay silent. I swear I am going insane.

Jc smiles warmly at me but his eyes seem to get tense as he looks at Trevor.

Don't stare don't stare don't stare.

"KIAN!" He yells.

"WHAT!"

"COME DOWN!"

We hear a loud 'ugh' and Kian comes thumping down the stairs.

"What the f... fridge door do you want Jc?" Kian whines. Jc leans in and whispers something in his ear.

"Ughhhhh but why can't Ricky do it?"

"Just do it!"

Everytime they say something my eyes get wider and wider.

Do what?

Oh shit. Shit shit shit shit shit.

"Are you okay?" Trevor asks me.

"Oh, uh, um yeah. I'm fine. It's just school and all...." I lie. He narrows his eyes but I look down.

"Okay. Looks like I'm walking you guys to school today." Kian sighs and walks out the door, Trevor and I following.

I silently sigh in relief.

The walk to school wasn't very interesting. Trevor got mad because he thought he could walk to school himself. Sucks to be him.

Now I'm at my locker trying to figure out how it works. I've never to been to a public school; in fact I've never been to a school at all. I used internet schooling once a week back at the orphanage.

Finally I get the hang of it and open my locker. I'm grateful that my books are already inside, along with my schedule.

Then I hear whispers.

I turn around to see a group of four girls at the locker bench whispering and taking glances at me. There was a brunette, a Spanish-looking girl, a blonde, and a red head. Soon they realize I can see that they're gossiping about me and they walk away.

Maybe they're the popular girls I've always heard about in books.

I look at my schedule. First period is Math 1 with Mr. Anold. Sounds like anal haha.

I'm so childish.

I grab my math textbook, my algebra textbook, my English workbook, and my science notebook.

This is going to be a long day.

I look through the hallways until I see Mr. Anold's name. I walk inside the classroom to see that I'm the fifth person there.

"Oh why hello! Your name must be Gracyn Caylen!" Says a man in a light blue button down shirt with a red and white tie. Talk about murica.

As soon as he says my name, people all around class start whispering.

Ah, who am I kidding. They're gossiping. Again.

"Yes sir. Is there a specific seat which I am supposed to sit in?" I ask him in my most polite voice.

I've gotten good at it.

"Yes. Row three, fifth one down." I nod and take my seat. It was a window seat!

I take out Insurgent and start reading until everybody comes in.

Jc Caylen

"She's gonna find out!"

"How?"

"Oh, so there's this thing that teachers do, called take attendance, and when the other kids hear her last name-"

"How do you know we actually have fans there?"

Kian just looks back at me with his really face.

I sigh.

"I just don't want her to be more sad than she already seems." I say into a throw pillow.