15 | pisces

"WHAT THE- STELLA?!"

Axel barely recognizes the terror in his voice, nearly dropping his phone as his eyes widen in sheer panic.

Before he knows it, his legs carry him towards the railing- the railing that she had just-

Something whooshes past him, just as he leans over the railing to see where she had jumped- making him lean back, startled. Something almost resembling a big bird, with magnificent wings and-

For the hundredth time in her presence, Axel finds his jaw-dropping.

Apart from the distinct sunshine gold of her hair, there was a different shade of gold that met his eyes, altogether. A shade that blended with feathers that were white as snow, a shade that glowed like rays of the sun,

A shade of gold, like ichor, only fit for the pair of gleaming wings resting on her shoulders.

An angel.

A real, heavenly being- standing, no flying- in front of his own eyes- with glorious wings flapping in the air and a hand extended in his direction to help.

"Come on," she whispers gently, but her words carry a hint of urgency.

"You-" Axel swallows the lump in his throat, which was suddenly dry for reasons that he couldn't tell, "You are an angel."

"That's very kind of you to say," Stella offers him a soft smile that's nearly teasing before glancing at the door behind him, that was seconds away from being torn off its hinges- the feathers on her wings ruffling in the light breeze.

"Come on," she urges, stretching her hand further towards him, "We need to get out of here- Bea's nearly on the roof-"

"You-" Axel stutters again, tucking his gun back in as his eyes rake her glowing figure in awe, "You're a real angel, I didn't- I didn't imagine it-"

"I know," she rushes out frantically, her eyes widening in a plea, "but we can talk about this later. Your life is in danger- come on Axel."

"I-"

"Oh, for the love of stars," she mutters angrily, before she reaches out, and curls her fingers around his wrist.

Axel inhales sharply, as a zing of energy runs down his spine.

This time, he knows he isn't something he conjured in his mind. Everything about her was real. Everything he remembered; wasn't something make-believe- because they were tingles of real energy, like electricity on his skin.

Gleaming green eyes hold his appalled grey ones firmly, but he can't seem to snap out of the whole revelation.

"Hold tight," she whispers, glancing back at the door for a split second, before turning her determined gaze upward.