[01]: Diamond of the First Water

1813 Mayfair, London

Grosvenor Square, 1813. Dearest reader, the time has come to place our bets for the upcoming social season. Consider the household of Baron Featherington. Three misses foisted upon the marriage market, like sorrowful sows, by their tasteless... tactless mama. Far better odds might exist in the households of the widowed Viscountesses Bridgerton and Reyes. Two shockingly prolific families are noted for their bounties of perfectly handsome sons and perfectly beautiful daughters.
LADY WHISTLEDOWN SOCIETAL PAPERS, 1813

"Oh, I am already roasting." Eloise Bridgerton spoke as she descended the stairs with her younger sisters Francesca and Hyacinth in tow. Sitting in wait at the bottom of the stairs were two of their older brothers, Benedict and Colin. They were waiting for Daphne to be finished getting ready, as today was the day to present the debutantes to Queen Charlotte. Their mother and eldest sister, Charlotte, were helping Daphne prepare.

Charlotte Bridgerton was the eldest daughter but the fourth eldest sibling, as her twin brother Colin Bridgerton was born 4 minutes before her. After not finding anyone worthy enough to call a husband in the last season, she asked her eldest brother Anthony to let her resign for this current season to let Daphne be the focus. She did not want to stress Anthony out by having to find two suitable matches for her and Daphne both.

It was always reported that you could always spot a Bridgerton because they all looked strikingly similar. Their facial features were the same, doe brown eyes, the same bone structure, and all had thick brunette hair, although Daphne's hair was strikingly lighter and almost a more reddish color. All the girls had long and lush hair flowing past their shoulders.

And they were all noted to be strikingly beautiful.

"Are you to complain the entire day, Eloise?" Francesca asked.

"Surely, I cannot be expected to bear these fashions the entire day," Eloise responded. Much like Sienna Reyes, Eloise was not one for all the prim and properness of the debutante season, and she was dreading the day of her debut because she as well did not know if she wanted to marry.

"I feel like a princess. Do I look like one?" The young Hyacinth asked.

"Do you truly wish to know what I think you look like?" Eloise asked.

"On your left!" The youngest Bridgerton brother, Gregory, came zooming down the stairs.

"Oh, Gregory!" Hyacinth exclaimed as she ran after him. Benedict stood from where he was seated and approached his younger siblings.

"Are our dear sisters still not ready?" Benedict asked.

"Oh, Charlie has only been helping her ready herself the entire night," Francesca said, resulting in Eloise's sharp eye roll.

All of Charlotte's family call her various amount of nicknames. Her most popular ones were Charlie, Lottie, and Char.

"You mean her entire life," Eloise said.

"I shall run upstairs and hasten them along." Colin Bridgerton spoke as he headed for the stairs, but Benedict was right behind him.

"Colin, wait. I'll do it." Benedict said.

"They like me much better than you, Benedict," Colin said, which caused his elder brother to raise an eyebrow.

"Did they say that?" Benedict asked.

"Everyone says that. And also, Charlie is my twin sister; of course, she likes me much better than she likes you." Colin responded, which only got an eye roll from his older brother.