19

you gulped at the sight of the first grade spirit coming from the trees. inumaki widened his eyes and slowly got his hand towards the zipper of his collar, ready to fight it.

the two of you let go of each others hand and you were inspecting the creature, it looked horrible. its eyes were gauched out, its mouth open with their tongue sticking out of it.

as if that wasnt horrendous enough, you catched a glimpse of the top of the curses head. its brain was slightly sticking out of it. you cringed at the creature and crouched down slightly, into a defensive fighting position.

your sword wouldnt be any good now, as you didnt had any training with it yet. so that is why you left it sticking to the back of your uniform.

with the few strands of the curses hair flowing through the wind, it revealed its head further as it was still making its appearance from behind the tree.

you noticed a few sigils on their head, you were now sure this was that one curse that would decide the outcome of the event.

the sigils were a sign that it was a curse that had to be restrained heavily, any other curse couldve just been restrained in a cage or such. but this one needed sigils as well.

inumaki muttered out a soft, "kelp." almost im a whisper, as greeting the curse. you on the other hand were already focusing your technique in your legs, ready to jump towards the curse.

but right at that moment, the eyes of the first grade spirit shot to the back of its head, you heard a cracking sound coming from it too.

in the blink of an eye, its head fell off to the ground, with dark, purple blood sputtering from the body and the neck of the creature.

you stopped readying your shockwave in your legs and let the cursed energy loose again. starting in utter confusion as you just thought about 10 possible strategies of defeating the curse.

but they were no longer needed, that one first grade curse was dead now. its head was now laying motionless on the cold ground.

which left you worried, who could ever do something like that with little to no effort? you already had a problem with defeating that other snake like curse earlier even though that was most likely a second grade.

in such incredible time too, defeating a first grade curse would take you most likely a solid 15 minutes with trying your best. with inumaki by your side probably 7 minutes.

whatever exorsiced that curse now, they were way above your current level in jujutsu sorcery.

you looked at inumaki and he was frowning deeply while still holding the zipper of his turtleneck. his senses were alert and he never lowered his guard, even when the other curse was beheaded.

'thats a second year jujutsu sorcerer for you right there.' you thought to yourself while turning your head back to the head of the curse, that was still laying on the ground without any movement.

you wanted to approach it and see whoever had exorsiced it. you wanted to see who was so skilled to do so, all you had to do was look at the other side of that thick tree.

taking a single step forward, you were immediately stopped by inumaki who held your wrist firmly. his other hand still on the zipper of his uniform.

he tugged at your arm without saying anything and shaking his head slowly in a no like way. he was telling you to not approach it.

trusting him as usual, you moved back with inumaki, now crouching behind a tree that once fell over and was now laying on its side.

it was a great spot to cover your presence, and you were glad you guys found it. the two of you could inspect whatever was behind that tree. all you had to do was wait for them to make their appearance.

a few seconds had passed and you grew impatient. inumaki who was on your left side, noticed this and put one hand on your right shoulder, which was furthest away from him, in a way of keeping you in place.

as if that wasnt enough, he moved slightly behind you and held the side of your other arm too.

you looked behind over your shoulder to him and his face was close to yours, but still focused on the tree. you snapped your head back to the front as you heard some noise in front of you.

the sound of branches breaking is what you heard. just at that moment, you saw them finally making their appearance.

your eyes and inumakis widened simultaneously at the sight. his grip on both your arms increased too. the two of you had spotted a curse exorsicing another curse.

not being able to speak up as inumaki and you froze at the sight, you reasoned in yourself, 'a curse exorsicing a first grade...?' you didnt want it to be true at all but continued anyways, this time speaking up.

"that would mean its at least one grade higher...this is a special grade." you said in the quietest tone you could muster at the moment, it was still audible for inumaki as he nodded slowly.

"salmon." he whispered from behind you as he was still close to your ear. the cursed spirit was mainly grey and white tinted, with black streaks coming and going from all ways of its body.

it reminded you a little of sukuna, he almost had the same black streaks and you wondered if all special grades had that.

what made your eyes widen even more was its head, its eyes to be exact. the curse didnt have eyes, instead there were two roots growing from it.

you remembered gojos sketch that he showed you. he had fought two unregistered special grade spirit who had intelligence too. one of the sketch now looked a lot like the creature in front of you.

if the sketch was true, then you and inumaki were both in danger now. it only crossed your mind now that it infiltrated the sister school exchange event. that meant there could be more curses roaming around here now.

the cursed spirit now revealed itself fully from behind the tree, stepping right on the head of the other first grade curse without any care.

you noticed it was carrying or covering something on the back of their shoulder, as there was a huge white piece of fabric wrapped around it.

the curse kept on walking and slowly turned their head towards where you and inumaki were crouching down. to your horror, it started showing intelligence.

"¿uoy fo owt tsuj, ym ho" it spoke up and walked up ahead.