Chapter 28

"S-s-spider!" Rubellia shrieked as she ran back towards the door. Little did she know, it was gone, so she ran face-first into a wall.

  "Stay calm," I said as I gripped Rei. Heh, at times like that, I felt like a total badass. "It's eyeball is its weakness." I looked over at Sora. "You're our ranged fighter, so when you see an opening to shoot its eye, do it. Everyone else distract it and try to give Sora a clear shot. Drive it up the wall if you have to."

  "Gotcha," Sora said as Han and I ran at Gohma.

  Clever name, right? I played all Zelda games several times over; that's where I got the name and figured out its weakness. Man, if only the dungeon had taken part inside a giant tree. 

  "Class Warrior assigned."  Thr AI once again spoke in my head as my class changed and my stats were distributed. I could feel the power surging through me, like Goku when he screamed and powered up. Thankfully, I didn't have to scream.

  We were holding off Gohma, with me and Han both distracting it and keeping it away from Rubellia, who was casting spells, and Sora, who was waiting for an opening. The fight wasn't easy. Gohma was a mighty giant spider, and with each attack, it crushed the ground where we once stood. Finally, Han got a good hit on its leg, causing it to let out an ear-splitting screech as it ran up the wall onto the roof.

  If my memory served correctly, it would soon start dropping things from the ceiling. I couldn't have been more wrong. Its eye closed, and the room was enveloped in darkness once again.

  "Guess I got cocky and thought it would play just like Ocarina." I thought. It wasn't the first time I was wrong about this world's mechanics. "I wonder what it'll do?" I looked around in the darkness, trying to find it.

  "Kichi," Sora called from the darkness.

  "Yeah," I said, letting her know I was still there. "We can't see it, but listen," I said, and silence surrounded the dark room. The sound of shuffling from above was loud in the large, empty room, causing it to echo, making it challenging to pinpoint. It would be impossible to track it like this. There was only one thing I could think of. A smile crept on my face as I called out to Rubellia.

  "Hey, Rubellia, cast an explosion spell at the ceiling."

  "But what if it collapses like the cave?" She replied ambivalently.

  "That's the point," I said matter-of-factly. "First, it'll give us some light, if only for a second. Second, when the ceiling collapses, Gohma will come down with it." It was a risky plan. Of course, there was also the fact that we could be crushed as well. I left that part out, though.

  "Okay...I trust you," She said as she began casting the incantation for the spell.

  That's the lamest thing about magic in this world: you had to speak an incantation. How the hell could you do that without getting embarrassed? 

  "Oh Mother of Flames, heed thy call and thy humble servant's request," it was a new spell or at least one I hadn't heard before. "I call upon thee to bless thy staff with the power of a thousand suns, melt thy enemy. Sear their skin and scorch the very earth itself." Her staff began to glow red, and a ball of flame started to grow larger and larger at the end of her staff. "FIREBLAST!!" The ball of flame shot from her staff and collided with the ceiling.

  At first, there was nothing as the ball of flame vanished, but then there was a bright flash, and the sound of an explosion went off followed by an ear-piercing screech from Gohma. I shielded my eyes from the flash of light, and I saw the others doing the same. We saw Gohma fall from the ceiling, followed by rocks that pinned it down. It struggled to break free, but I wouldn't give it the chance.