XVIII

Sick

Jaehyuk pov

Jaehyuk pov

tw : suicide, death, mental disorder.

Tw : suicide, death, mental disorder.

"Why didnt you text me last night?" I looked at the view outside. We are now in the veranda of yedam's room. Doyoung is Yedam's bestfriend, he invited me to enter yedam's house, I didnt have the chance to decline since Asahi pulled me inside and now we are talking in the veranda alone.

"Why did you came here?" He asked. Looking at me. "How did you even know...You shouldve waited for me at your condo. " My blood boiled on what he said.

"You have class-"

"So do you." I said with sharp eyes.

"Do you think that I can still listen to my teacher's discussion when I was so damn worried about you?" I burst out.

"And now that I see you...I was trying my best to stay calm and understand even though I cant, why are in yedam's place? Why didnt you text me last night? Whats with the photo yedam posted? Why did you lie? Do you think I can figure it all out without seeing you?" My tears wont stop falling. I'm pathetic at this state. I turned around to avoid his look. I saw his expression soften after seeing me like this.

"Am I not allowed to feel like this? I'm worried, I'm pissed, but I still understand you cause I still didnt heard your side but why are you mad?" My voice trembled. I was stunned with his sudden move, he hugged me behind my back tightly while caressing my hair.

"I'm sorry." I cried with what he said.

"I'm your boyfriend." I said while crying. I heard him chuckle. "Yes, you are my boyfriend." He said.

"I was frustrated something came up wuth yedam and I decided that you shouldnt be involved and ypu dont have to know. I'm sorry."

I remained silent. "I'm your boyfriend."

"Yes, baby."

We stayed like that for moment when doyoing showed up and called us to talk about yedam. I figured that Asahi knows Doyoung since then and same on Doyoung's side. Asahi introduced me to Doyoung and we shaked hands.

Yedam was out to buy some food with the other guys that Doyoung's with. We sat at the table, Doyoung infront of me and Asahi on the left corner.

"Yedam called me last night saying he's gonna die and saying his goodbyes." I listened to what Asahi said. He's looking at me but at the same time letting Doyoung knows about it. "I thought he was just joking cause the last time we met he's spitting nonsense and he's kinda off that time so I thought he was just playing around.."

"I didnt replied for a minute but it got me bothered and worried what if something really happened that time. I called him and called him but he didnt answered thats when I cant stay calm anymore. I called his aunt who's I know is living with him to check on him and after that he told me that Yedam is trying to kill himself using his medicines to get himself overdose. Luckily his aunt caught him so he didnt take that much but he still got admitted to the hospital." He said, he looks stressed while looking down he must have got so scared. I took his hand and hold it tightly.

"I'm on my sleep when that happened." Doyoung said.

"When he got awake all he said was "I dont want to be here." And after that he escaped and took me here."

"You didnt stop him?" I asked, confused.

"I'm sorry, Doyoung." Asahi said, he glanced at me too. "Sorry," he mouthed. I just nodded still confused. Why did yedam do it at the first place....

"and also I overheard that yedam...."Asahi hardly close his eyes cant say what he wants to say.

"He is suffering from different kinds of mental disorders since last year." Doyoung finished.

My eyes widened. My heart beats faster on what I heard. Trying to process all everything in my mind cause I cant just understand what they're trying to say. I'm speechless.

Yedam? Mental disorder?

"What do you mean?" I asked. Asahi sighed.

"I didnt know that he's suffering, fuck." Asahi cursed, frustratingly messed up his hair.

"He didnt want to tell you.." doyoung said.

"But we met not long ago. He couldve told me."

"He is not in the right state anymore and he usually escape from his house or the hospital."

"What made him like this?" I asked.

"His father died last year because of an accident and he is with him that time." We both looked at him.

"When did that happened?"

Doyoung firstly hesitated by Asahi's eyes were begging. I can see his eyes getting wet. "After your band won on the contest."

I gripped Asahi's hand tightly telling him that I'm here. His eyes closed while leaning his back on the chair. I saw his hand clenched.

"His mother and him are both suffering from depression but at that time he can still stand up to takecare of his mother thats why it got so painful for him." Doyoung paused.

"Yedam was getting okay after 6 months. He wants to pursue music because its his dad's dream . He became a trainee in a company and was about to debut but his member left few days before their debut because of depression that made him frustrated and made his traumas cameback. Now he is suffering."

"His mother is in the mental hospital right now." he became silent for a second.

"Yedam. . . . Yedam might follow his mother after the results are out."