Chapter 113

Chapter 113 is dedicated to sofeequinto

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

The events of last night still lingered in my mind as I got into Ashton’s car the next morning. I glanced at him as I played with the ends of my hair. My heartbeat escalated when he turned towards me with that familiar easy going smile and my face was dyed in red.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, feeling my temperature. “Do you feel sick?”

I shook my head.

“Are you hungry? Because we can have breakfast before we leave,” he said, jerking his thumb back towards the hotel.

I shook my head and then pulled out one of the books that I had brought with me, but didn’t even get a chance to read. Ashton snatched it from my hands and studied me.

“Are you being shy right now?” he laughed.

“N-No,” I denied.

“Elizabeth, I’m the same Ashton from last night, nothing’s changed.”

“Yeah, but we’re… dating now,” I pointed out.

He smirked and leaned closer to me.

“What are you doing?”

“I want my girlfriend to look at me,” he said, emphasizing the word girlfriend. He was enjoying himself with this.

“I’ll let her know when I see her.”

Ashton pointed at my reflection in the mirror. “She’s right here, the beautiful one.”

“You can be so cheesy,” I laughed, slapping his arm.

“Well, you’re abusing me again so I’d say you’re back to normal,” he nodded.

“Just give me my book back.”

“No. If I can’t have your attention, then neither can this book,” he said, tossing it on the backseat.

I scowled at him, and then took out another book as he drove off. He casually reached over and plucked it from my hands.

“Hey!” I yelled, but he ignored me.

Fine then. I huffed and sneakily brought out my last book, but his sharp eyes caught me.

“Did you bring a whole library with you?” he asked incredulously.

I grinned at him and he just sighed and decided to let me be.

After a few minutes, I decided to check my messages. My parents had texted me every hour of the day yesterday and had called in the middle of the night to find out if I was okay, and how far away from me Ashton was. I informed them that I was sleeping alone, and they seemed satisfied with that.

Melissa had passed on the message to Trey that it was my birthday and he sent me an audio of him on the guitar singing the happy birthday song. Trey was honestly such a good guy. I was grateful to him for keeping her happy. She had high standards and he was able to meet all of those and more. She said she had some good news to share with us tonight.

Callie also passed on Daniel’s birthday wishes for me. I wasn’t sure how I felt about him, but it somehow felt natural having him back. Callie also said she had important news to tell us too. I responded to messages from the rest of my friends and family.

“Hey,” I said, poking Ashton’s arm. He ignored me dutifully.

“Hey, you,” I said, reaching over to stretch his pout into a smile.