Chapter 11: Rhythm Guys Do It Better

Comenzar desde el principio

She gasped at my comment as I looked at myself in the mirror. The scarf and long sleeves weren't ideal for the summer heat, but that was Izzy's fault. I was going to make sure I got even.

"You didn't!" She seemed more shocked the second time I told her. Yes I f*cked Izzy Stradlin.

"But I thought you hated him!" She immediately shot back.

"It's more of his Indiana brother..Axl I hate," I replied back. Now that I thought about it, I really didn't hate Axl.

"Ohhh God Michelle, you've got yourself into a pickle," Macy teased, our laughter erupting and filling the room.

"Yes Macy...f*cking my bandmate is my problem....not the fact that I'm dressing up as a guy to perform at gigs and lying to half my band," our laughter only grew after I whispered that right back to her.

After a couple of seconds our laughter died down and Macy said, "Wait...WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH"

"What?"

"Who else knows?" She quickly asked.

"Knows what?" I quickly shot back.

"Who else in the band knows? Axl? Ohh my god how are you still standing? I assumed Axl would either kick you out of the band or kill you? How are you not dead?"

"No, it's not Axl who knows...it's Slash," I sighed, leaning back on my bed. I tried not to think about how Axl would react. I agreed with her, Axl would kick me out of the band. I might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

"And...how did Slash react..."

"He seemed...confused....and annoyed....and mad," I admitted feeling like trash for lying to Slash.

"And ...how are you guys now?" I wished Macy would stop digging and asking questions. The thing is, I couldn't blame her. I would be doing the same if I was in her position.

"I...I think we are okay? He seemed pissed, but then his snake seemed to like me...so....I guess he warmed up to me," I mumbled as I fidgeted with my thumbs.

"His snake?" I looked up at Macy and by the expression on her face I knew her head was in the gutter.

"His pet snake, not his d*ck...Jesus Christ get you head out of the gutter," I scolded her throwing the bag she gave me earlier in her face.

"Ohh ok ok," Macy put her hands up in defense with a smile still on her face.

I jokingly groaned before lying back down on the bed.

"By the way...put this on," Macy tossed the plastic bag towards me, and I immediate opened it to find a bright blue wig.

"Thought you could use a new wig. Sorry it's not brown...blue was all I could get on such short notice," Macy shrugged.

"I'll look ridiculous in it...." I softly replied.

"Nah...you can pull it off. It'll look punk-ish. Come on now....we gotta get moving. Walter and Henry want to go to the music shop around the corner, and I'm not going without you. Also if anyone asks, Duff is passed out on your bed," Macy said before she hurried out of my room.

To be honest, I would give the wig a solid 9 out of 10. It was far less itchy than the old one I had which I now assumed to be in some junkyard amongst other trash. Don't tell Macy, but she was right, it did look pretty punk. It only took me a couple of minutes to realize what was actually going on, and why Macy made sure to have me come.

It was awkward to say the least. Something was going on between Macy and Walter, and I wondered if this was originally supposed to be some sort of double date. It wouldn't have been the first time Walter had hit on Macy, but it would have been the first time he asked her out. By the way she quickly joined me in the back seat, I had a feeling her answer was something along the lines of 'No Walter I don't want to date you'.