Chapter 1

"Myra, come sit down." Said her Father. She smiled slightly and nodded, settling down next her him on the grey sofa. Her Mother joined her too, sitting down opposite them the other sofa.

"What is it?" She asked with slight concern lacing her voice. Both her parents looked at each other, silently communicating, before her Father sighed. "There is a proposal." He stated, gauging her reaction. Myra cleared her throat awkwardly, nodding for him to go on. "He's from a wealthy family. His name is Ben and he's 24 years old."

Myra nodded, glancing at her Mother. "Dad you know what rich people are like. They ask for more than we can offer. I don't care about his money-"

"That's the thing." He stressed. "He didn't ask for anything."

She immediately frowned at that. "Okay."

"Well there is one thing." Her Mother said softly.

"What is it? You know I hate the suspense you're creating." She said, shaking her head. "He has placed on condition as a part of the proposal."

"Mum." She bit out.

"Once you're married, you aren't allowed to communicate with us, ever again." Said her Father.

Myra's mouth dropped open, immediately standing up. "There's no way Mum. You're not expecting me to agree, are you?" She asked angrily. Myra was usually a calm person, she hardly let anger take control of her like this, but this was different.

"Sweetheart, you'll be happy." Spoke her Mother, giving her a grim smile.

"And what about you? How can I leave you guys and never speak to you?" She argued, feeling tears burning her eyes.

"You know it's normal for daughters to leave their homes-"

"Dad! We're not in the 1800s. I can't believe you even thought I'd give this proposal a second thought." She stated, clenching her fists tightly.

"Myra." Her Father said calmly, grabbing her hand and pulling her to sit down next to her.

She did so, but crossing her arms and not meeting any of their gaze. Her parents knew it wasn't hard for them to persuade her, they only wanted something secure for her. Her Father worked day and night shifts just to make ends meet and if this was a chance for his daughter to live somewhere safer and secure then they would never give it up. If they had a choice, they would keep her here forever, but they couldn't. Which was something that Myra knew too.

"We just want what is best you. We aren't going to be with you for the rest of your life. I need you to be safe as well as your sisters. I know you're working too, but I want to see you happy and I think it might be the chance for you." He explained gently.

"But Dad... how can you expect me to be happy without you? I'm happy here. How can I be happy not knowing how you're doing, how my sisters are? What if something happens and I never find out." She asked partially angry and sad.

"I'm sure he will let you know if that was ever the case, or let you reach out to us. Your Mother and I, think that this is a good proposal. Please think about it." He pleaded.

She pulled her hand out of his and left, walking into her small bedroom and shutting the door gently. She leant against the door, feeling a sense of heaviness come over her body, she felt hot and cold at once.

Myra  stepped over to her bed and laid down, pulling her blanket around herself tightly, hiding herself, hoping that when she opens her eyes again everything would be normal, that this was a nightmare.

Tears rolled down the side of her face as she tried to keep her sobs quiet. She couldn't imagine her life without her family. Why did life have to be do difficult for her? No one else has to choose between their parents and having a spouse.

She felt like a burden on her parents, but they never thought of her that way. Myra was the most disciplined out of all of her siblings as well as the oldest, she hardly argued with them regarding any matter. Anything that needed to be done at home, she would to do it happily, whether it was financial or extra chores.

Her Father made sure to teach her basic life skills such as plumbing, cooking, when they had a car he made her change the brakes and engine oil.

He knew she was a bright child, but she didn't have a chance to prove it. She had studied as well as she could and her results her made her parents proud. She wanted to study further, do something with her life so they could get out of this poverty, but how could they afford it.

She couldn't apply for a loan, because they could see her Fathers finances, which were low. It saddened her parents, but Myra's smile didn't falter. She worked and helped financially, as well making sure she helped her mother at home with chores. She paid for her sisters finances too if she needed to, but no matter what she did, it is never enough.

Myra knew she had to give them an answer, she spent the next two days working like a robot, coming home and doing her chores and going to her room where she cried. She didn't bother eating Dinner, her parents were concerned. If they had another choice, they would never force her to choose.

Her Father loved all his daughters and he would do anything for them.

"Mum, Dad I have decided." She stated standing at the door of their living room. Both her parents head snapped up to look at her. This was the moment where she knew once she says yes, it would almost be impossible for her to get out of it. "Say yes, but I would like to speak to him and discuss my conditions and if he accepts then we will go through with it."

She was quickly embraced by both of them. "I'll let him know right away. I'm so proud of you." Said her Father with beaming smile on his face. She feigned a smile for him, before looking down again. "Don't forget my conditions." She said tightly. He nodded, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

Her sisters smiled at her sadly, hugging her tightly. "I'm going to sleep." She whispered, pulling away and leaving them to discuss the preparations they wanted to make.

She didn't want to be a part of it. She just wanted to spend the rest of the time with her family as happily as possible.

_______________

Okay guys. I know the first Chapter is short, but I hope it gives some background to Myra.

I'm not sure how often I will update it, but I'm hoping once every week, because this was a last minute plan, so it's all from scratch. I will be writing as much as I can sooooo... I hope you enjoy what I have in mind.

I will be removing the other chapters by the end of next week.

I'll try to nake future chapters longer than this.

Let me know what you think?

Please Vote, Comment and Share.

Z.A.B