chapter 41

Chanel POV
Caroline got dropped off and she went right downstairs . I looked at liam and he shook his head. I sighed knowing it would take a while. We made dinner and I would always check to see if she came up. Once we finished I went down to get Caroline. I saw her laying on her bed asleep. She was in Kians favorite T-shirt. She was hugging a picture of her parents. I felt a tear forming and I suppressed it down. Liam called for me and I soon heard his footsteps. I didn't realize it then but I was crying . Liam saw Caroline and I felt him hug me. I turned away and walked upstairs I sat on the couch and stared at the picture of me and Andrea the day Caroline was born. I stood up and grabbed the picture . I felt more tears and I threw the picture at the wall. I crashed to the floor and cried out all the feelings I kept in since that day, the day i lost my best friends. I heard Liam pick up the picture and set it on the table.
"Chanel."
I shook my head, "I can't, I can't, I can't . They're dead, they're gone. I can't do this. Their daughter is downstairs. She lost her mom , I can never replace that. I lost my best friend. How can i go on knowing my family is gone?! Everyone I love is gone or left me! I lost my family SO MANY TIMES! I lost Sawyer, I lost Hailey, I lost all my friends That used to mean the world to me. Everything I loved became everything I lost."
He got on his knees and grabbed my face, "I can help you. I am here to help. You are not alone nor will you ever be."
I shook my head, "Caroline is my niece. I cannot provide for her. I am in my 20s . I'm not ready to have a child. What's gonna happen when one day it kicks in that they are gone and never coming back. I have tried so hard to be strong these past weeks but I can't. I shouldn't have come back. If I stayed away they would have still been here. THEY WOULDN'T BE DEAD!"
Liam shook his head, "You needed to be here. Where would Caroline be now? She would have to live with some relative her parents hated. You need to be here."
He stood me up and carried me to my room. He laid me on the bed and threw some blankets on me. He kissed my forehead and walked out. I tossed and turned for hours trying to get rid of the grief. I heard my door open and someone get in next to me. I turned around to see Caroline staring up at me. I smiled and said, "What's wrong?"
"I heard y'all."
I sighed and hugged her, "Im so sorry I'm trying to be strong for you but this is hard baby." She snuggled into me and said, "We have each other."

Authors note
sorry its short!! New updates soon though😘