15. Work and Relationships.

Nandini

These 9 days have been the most hectic days of my life. My shift starts from morning 8'o clock to evening 6'o clock which makes me reach home around 7:30. The most irritating thing of these 9 days have been the difference between the timing of Chicago and Mumbai. It frustrates me to hell. The difference of 10 hours and 30 minutes sucks. When Manik is free, I have to rush and when I am free-- he is busy. Knowing Manik he is on very thin thread of patience which could break anytime.

We are chatting as much as we can, trying to talk as much as we can but my job wants me to submit my phone while I am working which is another thing Manik hates and he is seconds away from blowing up. Nyonika Mom told me that he is so frustrated about not being able to spend time with me that he have almost shifted to office. Sometimes he doesn't come home and other day Dad have to get him forcefully. Not finding Mukti there is a whole different story-- and this all makes me feel so guilty. He tries to show me that everything is fine but I know it isn't. Above all everyone asks about everything related to wedding to him which angers him more, but as it was solely his decision to send me here and handle everything himself-- he tries his best to not fire someone from the office or kill Cabir and Alya or shout on our parents. The best he can do.

As we have two days a week off for each the doctors, I have my Monday's and Tuesday vacant. Leaving me to laze around home with Mukti and on these days I try to handle Manik and my families as much as I can. Mukti and I had a movie night last night and around 2 in the morning I thought to call Manik who had his lunch break. We talked till 4:30 in the morning and then I went to sleep.

It was 11 in the morning meaning it was around 9:30 in India. I thought of calling him but then it wasn't his off today. He also have to go for his fittings so I just left him a message to call once he is free.

"Nandu.." I heard Mukti's sleepy-shouting voice from the side bedroom making me get out of my own bed and head inside her room. We both thought to share the room at first but then I had to talk to him late night, so Mukti shifted to the other room.

The flat was amazing. With 5 bedroom it was more of a house then a flat. The interior were modern and amazing as Manik travels here frequently with his friends to spend some time out of India. There is also a branch of Dhruv's business here, so Dhruv also uses this same flat whenever he visits.

There was 3 bedroom upstairs and one bedroom, hall and kitchen downstairs. Mukti forcefully made me take Manik's favourite room. Taking the other room herself.

(Nandini's room.)

)