Epilogue

It was Maven's first public Court appearance.

Civilians brought their issues to the King and he would listen, take note, and come up with solutions on the spot.

Maven was sprawled leisurely on the throne, at ease.

"Send in the next."

The double doors to the throne room flung open.

Macanthos led the way, and behind him, Captain Steven LeRoux emerged.

He looked haggard after all those months at sea, all those months spent travelling, searching and exploring.

A thick curly beard had come in, but he still made the effort to present himself cleanly. His best uniform donned.

The Captain knelt as his name was announced.

After so long, Kaida's father had returned.

He rose again.

The first mate, Jack, came soon after, dragging behind him a thick slab of box-shaped stone.

It was peculiar looking, infused with a rough opal that streaked and swirled.

It was laid on top of a heavy durable material and was anchored to a rope for easy movement.

The corner of said stone was slightly cracked, revealing a slither of some intangible thing.

"King Maven. After searching far and wide, and going to the perilous ends of the earth, I have brought the item your father said would win the War. May the Gods rest his soul. As the...next in line, I give it to you."

The Captain took the rope from Jack, who stepped back, and he slowly dragged it to the foot of the steps ascending to the throne.

"I don't exactly know what it is, but I was specifically told where it was by the Grand Maester."

Maven peered at it curiously.

He had almost forgotten his father had sent this man on a wild goose chase, all based on a hunch by the old Maester.

"I have only one thing on my mind right now. Where is my daughter?"

The Captain peered around, eyes scanning the many Silver faces glaring at him.

Maven met eyes with the Captain, unspeaking.

He didn't know what to say. He had failed to keep her safe.

Maven looked at Macanthos with intent.

"Handle him, take him away."

That was the unspoken command.

Macanthos complied, leading the Captain away although not without a fuss.

The Captain's loud questions grew muffled as he was steered out.

The throne room grew quiet again.

Maven swung himself up, and took the steps down to the mystery object.

It called to him, strangely enough. He couldn't describe the feeling, it was like some familiar tie or rather an ache in his brain.

And within an instant Maven knew what to do.

He laid both his hands on the cold stone as the onlookers watched.

He began to heat up, hands molten hot.

Maven let the opal and graphite easily melt away, under his scalding hands.

The little thing enclosed on the inside was freed, and it tumbled out from it's rocky prison.

At closer inspection, it was a septarian egg, it's brown, yellow and grey cracks streaked over its glossy surface.

It skidded slightly across the smooth white floor.

The people closest to it gasped, and murmurs filled the throne room.

Maven looked down at it, not believing his eyes.

He picked up the egg with both hands.

He was entranced by it, and he swore it responded to his touch, to his warmth.

It was almost as if it had been waiting for a Calore to awaken it, for a millennia.

Waiting for him.

"A dragon egg..."

Maven whispered to it.

"A dragon egg."

He repeated, slightly louder.

He held it up to the light, and he saw a crack form through the crystal of the outside.

Maven let a smile wash across his face.

This would certainly help him with his missions.

No one stood a chance against him now.

Maven was officially the most powerful person in all the Kingdoms.

Norta's first Dragon King.

__________________________________

Author's notes:

We've done it, we've reached the end of Blood Court 🥳🥳🥳

I have thoroughly enjoyed writing this book, and I do have plans for a Book 2...which I might actually start writing straight away!

UPDATE :

Book 2, titled "King's Cry" is out now !! Please feel free to go to my page and check it out, there is definitely more to the story...

Overall, this book is very far from canon, I made stuff up, I invented characters and Houses, and after this and in the future, it's going to be even further from canon !

The book this was inspired by, I read it years ago, and it was part of a series that I actually did not complete. So from here it out, it's all just my rendition.

Tbh with you guys, adding a dragon to the story is completely unfeasible but I did it anyway 🤪I think they're so cool and who doesn't want Dragon King Maven ???

A few details about the dragon egg

I found this and I said, this is perfect and this is the dragon egg, purr

I found this and I said, this is perfect and this is the dragon egg, purr. Gemstones and crystals are so prettyyy and it's literally called Dragon Stone 🐉

Anyways, to wrap up, I want to say a big thank you for getting this far, every view, every comment, every vote meant so so much 🖤🖤🖤

Lots of Love, and see you next time,

Pearl x