𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

꒰   𝘴𝘢𝘵𝘢𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥   ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:·゚

If the Pogues were good at anything, it was making quick getaways. From the cops, security guards, square groupers, DCS, Midsummers- they were always running away from something. Yet somehow, they always found their way back to each other.

Cicadas chirped around the makeshift fire the group made for themselves- JJ leaned forward and examined his newly manicured hands, letting the fire bounce off the shiny surface as he twisted them left and right. He'd changed out of his waiter uniform, but his mind was still at the party and on one particular Kook girl he couldn't seem to get out of his head.

John B glanced over at his friend, a bead of sweat rolling down his forehead as he threw a piece of wood into the flames, "Dude, are you going to help?"

"I can't," JJ said simply, "Don't wanna break a nail, John."

John B paused and made his way over to him, "What?"

Wordlessly, JJ extended a hand, showing off his clear coated fingers. John B examined his hands for a moment, before skeptically glancing up at his friend, "Did you get a pedicure?"

"Don't be stupid, JB. It's called a manicure," Kiara chastised, also taking a glance at the boy's nails from the opposite side of the fire.

Pope scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest, "How'd you afford that?"

"Probably stole it," John B added.

"How do you steal a manicure?" Kiara rolled her eyes at the boy's stupidity.

"Listen, I'd love to debate which poor soul JJ scammed into getting his nails done, but my dad's already gonna kill me," Pope interrupted, sitting down on one of the logs beside John B, "So what's this mandatory meeting about?"

At this, JJ shot John B a nod, "Might as well tell him, man, before we're gaffed."

"You ready for this?" Kiara turned to the brunette as he began, a warm glow of the fire flickering over his face, "So, the gold never went down with the Royal Merchant."

"Oh, my God. Here we go again with this," Pope rolled his eyes in exasperation– just when he thought they could get back to their regular summer activities, John B dragged them back.

"No- alright, wait, hear him out," JJ interrupted, glancing over the fire.

"It's been here the whole time," The Routledge boy nodded slowly, a small smirk growing on this face, "It's on the island."