chapter 41 ~ renegade runaway

I bopped my head to the music as I drove the car down the road. The volume was up and the sun was shining, everything was perfect.

"Florida's gonna be great!" I yelled aloud. "No snow. Nothing but beaches and the ocean!"

God the ocean.....the feeling of the water hitting my toes felt so good right now.

"Nothing but peace all around" I laughed. "Shit I should stop talking to myself before people think i'm crazy....fuck I did it again. Shit."

I turned the music up louder to drown out the sound of my phone ringing. God why the hell did my family care so much about me.

"Speaking of my stupid family" I went on. "Lip said Disney world is the shit. Creepy characters and churros...ah there'll be no problems"

I banged the steering wheel to the music as I sped down the road. Nothing but fresh air and good vibes all around baby.

"That sunrise is fucking beautiful!" I yelled out the window. I got a few looks from the farmers I passed but y'know what, fuck them!

They obviously had no idea how to appreciate natures beauty.

"You know what I could really go for right now" I hummed as I pulled up to a road diner. "A large fucking coffee"

I pulled the keys out of the ignition, making my way in the building. It was still early so all that was in there was the staff and a strange trucker dude.

"The biggest coffee you have please and thank you" I laughed, popping down on the stool. The waitress rolled her eyes which I had to say, was really fucking rude.

"Anything else?" She yawned, handing me the cup. God she must really hate her fucking job.

"Oooo how about French Toast?" I smiled. She walked towards the kitchen as I happily sipped on my drink.

I didn't realize how hungry I was until I got a whiff of the air. God I was really fucking hungry.

"You from around here?" The creepy trucker dude asked, taking the seat next to me.

"Nope" I shrugged. "You're in the presence of Chicago's south side trash"

I silently thanked the waitress for my order as I poured a generous amount of syrup on my plate. Speaking of syrup, did you know most maple syrup isn't even real? It's just artificial flavoring!

That was false advertising if you asked me...

"You're a ways from Chicago kid, where you headed?" The man went on as I shoved the fork in my mouth. Fuck didn't he get that I didn't want to talk to him?

"Florida" I hummed happily. "Hey do you know where the nearest town is?"

"Yeah uh, Terre Haute. About an hour down the road" Terre Haute? Oooo that sounded fancy. Terre Hauteeee

"Thanks buddy" I cheered. I placed a Jackson down on he counter before hopping back towards my car.

I still had a long ways to go before reaching my destination so I was gonna need to be prepared with snacks. And maybe a pie.....