Chapter 1

It was a bright and sunny day when you walked to school, your brown skirt fluttering about your legs. Your pretty [e/c] eyes looked up at the sky as a hand moved to your forehead, shading the colorful orbs you have. Strands of [h/c] hair fell around your face, caressing it with tenderness. You kept moving forward, until you met a friend on the sidewalk.

"Kou-chan!" You smile and yell, waving to her and she turned, her red hair shimmering like fire under the sunlight. "Oh, hey [Name]-chan." She laughed back in response, and you could feel the mood for today would be bright and happy, cheerful, too. Your hand that you waved with fell to your side, creating a small draft that you could feel on your hand.

The two of you talked and enjoyed walking together to school, and you saw Chigusa-chan run up and join you and Kou. You felt the sun dapple warm spots on your skin and bloom all around you, making you feel uncomfortably hot in your clothes.

Spring's coming, that's for sure. You thought, and your mind was quickly emptied of the thought. It seemed like it echoed in your head and just left you alone, but you quickly filled it with more thoughts of homework and school.

The three of you came to school, and you continued on whilst Kou and Chigusa stopped. You turned to face them, confused. "What's the matter, guys?"

Kou shook her head, looking at her phone. "Just talking about how hot American guy's muscles are! Seriously, you need to come see this." She waved her phone in the air, and you sighed and pushed your way back over to her. The three of you huddled around her phone, it glowing dimly in the shadows of you three. She scrolled through a social media, and countless pictures of shirtless men are all that you could catch sight of.

"Really, Kou-chan? You have a serious obsession." You say, sighing softly. You weren't the type to like much abs, and Kou thought you were insane just for that reason. Kou looked up at you. "Whatever, I knew I shouldn't have showed you, I need to remember that you don't like muscles, triceps, biceps. . ." Kou spaced out, and you narrowed your eyes and sighed, smiling a little.

As you walked back inside the school, you saw Haruka Nanase and Makoto Tachibana. You were close with them, too, and you wanted to say hello. You ran up to them, and Makoto turned to you. "Oh, good morning, [Name]-chan!"

"Ohayo Gozaimasu!" You said in your cute Japanese tone, and Makoto smiled, while Haru stared.

***Timeskip to lunch!!!***

At lunch, you had a neatly organized and adorable bento box ready. Makoto suggested that Haru, you, and him go up on the roof to eat. The three of you were about to go upstairs when a blonde boy hopped up the steps of the ones going down. He paused and grinned, "Haru-chan! Mako-chan!"

"N-Nagisa-kun?" Makoto said before Nagisa just tilted his head, grinning even wider. You felt as if Haru and Makoto knew him, but you never saw his face around. This 'Nagisa' boy looked at you. "Who's this?" He questioned, not phasing from his smile.

Makoto smiled and said "This is [Name]-chan. She hangs around us and Gou-chan."

"Kou-chan." You corrected him, knowing that Kou hated her real name, for it being boyish. You knew Kou would get mad if she heard anybody call her by her original name, Gou. You stayed quiet until then, and you figured you should keep quiet so you wouldn't interrupt the boy's conversation. Nagisa, Haru, and Makoto laughed and talked, and you felt. . . a little left out?