Part 1

Max woke up to the sound of shuffling sheets. She checked the time on her watch, 1:30am. Jeez, it's super early. She looked to her side and saw El on the floor shuffling around trying to get the tiny covers over her cold body. God she's adorable. El looked over hoping that Max was up, but highly doubting it.

"Max?" El asked quietly.

"Yeah?" Max replied.

"I'm freezing."

"Yeah, me too. Its pretty cold down here."

They were in Mike's basement. They were sleeping the night at the Wheeler's with the rest of the party. Mike, Will, Dustin, and Lucas were still sound asleep.

"Can I come and cuddle on the couch with you?"

Cuddle. Max blushed slightly but was glad it was dark out so her pink cheeks weren't visible.

"Sure. Come here." Max happily replied

El walked over to the couch and layed down next to Max. It was pretty snug under the covers as the couch was pretty small.

"Thanks." El said as she nuzzled her head into the crook of Max's neck

They both fell asleep with the cozy warmth of each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Max and El became quite close during the past few months. With all that has happened (with the Mind Flayer and that shit), they've had each other through all of it. Well, all of except for the stuff that happened before Max moved to Hawkins. El has been constantly blaming herself for Billy's death even though Max keeps on telling her that it had never been her fault. El thinks it should've been her instead. This kills Max. She loved Billy so much even after all the times he treated her like shit. But El. El. She could never live without her. She loved her. Loved her. But, you know, in a friend way. Right? I mean she felt something she's never felt before with El, but that's normal. She's her first best girl friend. They were supposed to feel this way about each other, right?