Mated Sea Witch

Mated Sea Witch

So you’ve heard of those romance novels of a werewolf and a human, a werewolf and vampire, werewolf and faery, and even werewolf and a mermaid…so what about a werewolf and a cecaelia?

Celaelia or octopus person- mythical being of the combining of the head, arms, and torso of a human and, from the lower torso down, the tentacles of an octopus or squid as a form of mermaid or sea witch.

For Melusina and the rest of her species, mermaids and thanks to that Little Mermaid Disney movie humans as well think that celaelia people are ugly and evil things that spread curses and want to take over the ocean.

That is very far from the truth. Melusina may be a sea witch, has magic powers, and has tentacles instead of a fin(as well as some in her hair), she is definitely not evil or ugly. The only true thing that Disney got right about octopus people is that they can change sizes from being as big as a mountain to so small they can fit in a teacup.

 Melusina enjoys her quiet life with her tea, cookies, bubble baths, and books in her surface home where she can simply run off her dock to the ocean whenever she feels the urge to spread her tentacles.

So one night when she’s out gathering herbs for a special spell she planned on casting, she suddenly surrounded by werewolves and is taken away with them for trespassing.

Much to her chagrin, Melusina is forced in a cell and wait for the arrival of the Alpha; Gideon to determine the verdict of whether she goes free or turned into sushi. But, when he finally shows up, she discovers that she’s his mate!

…so, a wolf and a octopus…what the hell?