Into the Ice

"Bokuto! BOKUTO! Wake up!" 

Oikawa screamed as he ran up the stairs. Bokuto pulled himself up from the blankets in shock.

"Whaa..?" 

"Look!"

Oikawa threw the book towards him. Bokuto caught the small book with one hand and opened it, reading the first page. Oikawa waited impatiently for him to finish. Bokuto looked up at Oikawa.

"You think this book is.. it's this place?" Bokuto asked.

"Yes, everything that we've experienced, the fact there are werewolves and demons, all of it. It's why we don't remember anything, it seems we didn't exist until last week. We came here, we unfroze time, and now we have to get to this garden place before we all die."

Bokuto swallowed and looked back down at the book, turning to the next page. 

"It's blank."

"What?"

Bokuto flipped through the rest of the pages. 

"They are all blank." 

He hands Oikawa the book back. Oikawa pointlessly flips through the pages again. Nothing. Not even a single character on any of the other pages. He looked at the picture of the fountain again, noticing that the egg timer was mostly full, with a few grains of sand littering the lower half. He swallowed. They had no way of knowing how long it would take for it to drain through, or even where this garden was.

Oikawa's thoughts were interrupted by a bang on the door. He jumped. It wasn't like last night, this just sounded like a knock. He looked towards the cracks in the ceiling and saw it was daylight. He got up, pulled the chest of drawers they had barricaded the door with away, and unbolted the door. Opening it, Kuroo stood in front of them, looking slightly sheepish.

"So you've met my other form." He said, gesturing the scratch marks in the oak wood.

"Yeah but we have bigger problems right now."

"What could possibly be bigger than me spending a few days a month trying to rip you to pieces!" He exclaimed. 

"This."

Oikawa handed him the book. Kuroo read it, then yelled for Hinata. Hinata entered, his shirt was barely held together and he was covered in scratch marks. 

"Ah yeah, sorry about that." Kuroo said. "But look at this." 

Hinata mumbled something about being used to it, discarded his shredded shirt and read the page in front of him. 

"Here." Said Oikawa, throwing him a t-shirt. "There was a bunch of boxes in one of the other rooms, it had clothes and food. It seems whatever created us decided that giving us the ability to survive until we made it to The Garden." 

Hinata pulled on the top. "But how do we even get out of here?" 

"The answer must be in here somewhere, and since you two will die if we fail, I figure you'd be slightly more motivated to help us now." Oikawa replied. 

"Right." Kuroo said. "I'm going to go and break down that door."

Oikawa followed Kuroo to the doorway, watching the werewolf drive his body into the black wood several times before pulling him away. 

"That's not going to do anything." 

The two of them spent over an hour studying every inch of the door. There was nothing, not even a key hole. Just a bunch of swirling patterns and a blank rectangle in the center.