To Our Youth That is Fading Away Chapter 14

When the mango trees began to ripen, it was also time for finals. Last semester, Zheng Wei had experienced the tragic historical comparisons between chinese, western, and Marxist philosophies flying overhead, this time, Zheng Wei didn’t dare focus on other things before the test, after all, unlike liberal arts students like Li Wei Juan, the teacher would designate a few key points in the textbook, as long as you got 60-70 points, there would be no problem but the Engineering College said, if there were two subjects that were failed in the same year, you had to repeat that grade level, and it was unfortunate that there were many people feel victim to this, many had met iron blooded teachers (strict, hard, mean teachers). A red light shone in front of every specialised course, public foreign languages inattentively suffered a setback, so if you didn’t pass the make-up exam, you could only sit in the same classroom with the younger kids. Even though Zheng Wei was undisciplined, repeating such a thing was seen as an insult, she definitely couldn’t let this happen to her, so after classes stopped she lived lazily on the bed with Zhuo Mei for a few days , and then nicely followed Ruan Ruan to the self study classrooms.

Before testing, the self studying classrooms were forever so packed, occupying a seat was a common practice, as common tools used for occupying seats, there were books, pencils, some used their homework books, some used pens. One time, when Zheng Wei and Ruan Ruan passed through the classroom after breakfast they found that there were two spaces with excellent views, they both rejoiced, and quickly occupied the seats, but it was terrible that they had no good items on them, Ruan Ruan didn’t advocate the use of a key as a placeholder, so Zheng Wei took out a pack of napkins and took out a piece, she borrowed a pen to write “This table is occupied” four big words, and put it in the center of the table, and grabbed Ruan Ruan back to the dormitory to grab their books, they strove to do this as speedily as they could when they got back, the seat was already occupied by a boy, the more disgusting thing was that the napkin had been used thrown away and used by someone with a cold, thrown to the side.

Ruan Ruan tried reasoning, but how was that boy willing to leave, he only said he hadn’t seen a napkin on the desk as a placeholder, and he asked, since they could use anything as a placeholder, how could they prove that the napkin was their’s? Ruan Ruan initially wanted to pick up the napkin to show him the words on it, but it was too disgusting, Zheng Wei, at the side was furious, and picked up a piece of hair on the table, and looked at it, then she looked at her own hair, the two lengths weren’t too different, she confidently said, “Do you see this, this is what I used as a placeholder, my hair. If you have the guts, take out the hair of the same length from your own head, any hair from any section is good, but as long as it’s the same length, I’ll leave!” The boy left, defeated.

Zheng Wei liked to sit near the window, this way she could look at the window, if she was lucky, she could see that shadow. Every since class had stopped, her timetable that she had got was of no use, and he was determined to avoid her, and she had to study, so for a time, she was increasingly elusive to his whereabouts, she only waited eagerly for a chance. Murphy’s Law said, when you hate someone, he will continue to pop up in front of you, but when you want to see someone, you cannot find him. Zheng Wei had such distractions, so reviewing naturally didn’t really do anything. The good part was that University Exams were like a kitten who had constipation, today they would test, and many days later they would test again, she still had enough time to prepare, so after she counted many times, her eyes suddenly brightened, Ruan Ruan didn’t try to persuade her.

Of course, she didn’t see the wrong person, even if his figure was tied into a knot, she would still know him, she anxiously ran up to him and even planned to sit next to him, to scare him, but after she got closer, she realized that he was going to a big door that had “Testing Area”, the two words, pasted on it. She had a look inside at the people lined up neatly, and knew that she had happened upon his testing time, she could only watch as he walked into the classroom, and stayed outside, alone, helplessly.