05

Melanie Jones

It's been about a week since we met up with my 'mom'. Ever since we left she's been blowing up our phones , it's getting crazy.

"Melanie you need ta answer yo mom, she's blowing up my phone and I have important emails dat I need ta get to." Sage said scratching his forehead.

"Leave me alone sage. I'm not talking to her". I said keeping my attention on the tv.

Sage grabbed the remote and turned off the tv.

"Did you not see me watching that?" I asked with an attitude.

"Trust me I seen you watching it very clear, but if I can't read my emails, you can't watch tv." He said leaving the room with the remote.

For his sake I decided to text her.

713-***-****

What?

I'm so sorry .
I've changed Melanie .
Please .
At least take Malcolm .
I don't want him outside .

Your still in Cali?

Yes, I don't have money for an Uber .
Help me please .
I'm begging you .

I'll take Malcolm but I don't
want you near me  .

That's fine,just take him
till I find a way back home .

I felt bad but ion trust her anymore, she's going to have to gain it. She sent me her location and I got my things and left.

As I arrived I seen they were sitting on the floor with a mini blanket. I parked , and got out.

"Hi lani". Malcolm said running up to me as I picked him up.

"I appreciate it very much". Mom said.

"Have y'all ate?" I asked.

"Me ate chips". Malcolm said smiling.

I looked at Melissa and she nodded. "Get in my car". I said.

We all got in the car and headed to ihop. We ate , talked and more. She showed a side of her that she didn't show last week which surprised me. As much as I disliked her for my past, I couldn't let her sleep outside.

Quan 🥰!

Bae ?
I gotta question .
Hello?
Quan?

Quan was not answering my messages at all but I brushed it off.

Sage🤍!

Baby?

Yes ma

Does quan still have that trailer park?

Fasho

Okay, met me there

After we finished we went to the trailer park and we seen Sage was already there.

We got out , and sage looked at Melissa with such a disguised look.

"Why we hea?" He asked.

"I want mom to stay in hea until she's ready ta go home." I said.

"Well it ain't my trailer park, I've got things ta do". Sage said about ta walk away.

"No no no, sage please. I know your mad, we all are but it'll only be 1 week." I said looking at Melissa and looking back at him.

"Mrs.Melissa your very lucky I love ya daughter, cause if I didn't, with all due respect, I wudda let ha spit in yo face". He said giving me the keys and walking away.

I was in shock. We ignored it and opened the trailer. It surprisingly had a lot of furniture.

They got all settled in, she decided ta keep Malcolm with ha, we said our goodbyes and I left.

As I was on my way home, I got a call.

"Hello, this is a collect call from Los Angeles county jail, this call is being recored, to accept the call press 1."

My heart immediately dropped.

"Mama?" It's Quan" ...