Chapter 14

"I don't want to fight you" Miguel said. "Well you're going to have to" I replied. "Aren't you hurt, you shouldn't be fighting" he added. "So you don't want me to fight, you think your better than me and you're going to hurt me or something" I asked whilst tilting my head. "No it's n-." Miguel started but was cut of by a loud
"FIGHT!". I got into my fighting position and waited for Miguel to strike first. Miguel punched twice pathetically so I easily blocked them and swept his leg. "All you got princess?" I joked. Miguel stared at me then got back into his fighting position. "Remember the pitching machine, don't get hit" I heard Miguel's sensei inform him. "Ready! And fight"
Miguel punched, I blocked, I kicked, he dodged, I kicked again which he again dodged. I punched twice to his head but he ducked it. He then then kicked me in me back, where he knew he could win as I was hurt. "That's wasn't fare Miguel." I stated. "You wanted a fight, you got one" he replied seriously. "Alright sorry" I chuckled. Miguel punched me twice but I blocked it again, he punched me a 3rd time but I grabbed his hand and attempted to punch his stomach but he dodged it, he hit my back the tripped my leg causing me to fall. I heard my father run up to me "TIME" he yelled. "Time?" I saw Miguel say with confusion. "Hey, you alright?" Me dad asked. I nodded slightly in pain. "Listen to me, remember when we went on that fishing trip when you were younger and I had you on the edge of the boat" he asked. I nodded. "Remember balance, breathe and focus" he added. "Right larusso, you ready?" A man asked me. "Yeah" I said whilst standing up.
I saw Miguel stand up from kneeling and get into a fighting stance. I did to, but a very different one. I started some of my kata which dad taught me to relax whilst Miguel walked up to me carefully and slowly. He kicked jodan but I blocked it. He punched to my head but I blocked it, he punched again which I dodged then crept behind him. I kicked his back then he turned around cautiously in a stance. He punched me 3 times but each punch I stepped back. He punched me a 4th time but I grabbed his arm and punched his stomach. Miguel was now weaker which I took to my advantage. I grabbed his arm and dragged it down to the floor I finished him with a punch on the back. "I could of gone easier on you because you're a boy, but I don't feel generous today" I said breathing heavily. "WINNER, LARUSSO!!!!" The man yelled whilst He grabbed my hand and held it up in the air, I felt my father hug me along with me brother and mom. "I'm thinking of doing karate now, that was pretty bad a-, I mean pretty cool" my brother told my father.

Time skip a bit (same day)

"Sorry, I did what I had to do to win" I told Miguel as we both walked home together. "I understand" he sighed. It was roughly half an hour after the tournament. Miguel and I had asked our parents to let us hang out a bit. "I didn't like the way things ended between us mig" I frowned. "Neither did I" Miguel said. "You know I still love you y/n, I always will" Miguel admitted. "Who could blame you" I grinned jokingly. Before Miguel could let another word out his mouth I pulled him into a deep long kiss. "You know I think you look pretty hot in your Gi" I smiled. "Who could blame you?" Miguel mocked me whilst grinning. "I love you too mig"

I thought this song went well with this scene🥺