Chapter 4: Creation of a Monster

When my entire world fell apart, he was there. If I leaned too far one way, he would bring me back to my feet.

James used to be a genlteman. It was only when he thought I could finally stay on my feet that he backed away and let me walk on my own. But I wasn't ready for his sudden absence from my side.

And I fell hard; so hard that I still hold a grudge against him. Sometimes I wonder if he knew I still needed him back then.

I even wonder if when he left me, if he left to go to another girl. It pains me to the core of my soul; or what I had of one if it still existed.

But that was six years ago in sixth grade. If I would have stayed in school, I would be a senior now like James, Adam, Logan and everyone else. However, I will be around for a very long time, so I'm not bothering with school for a while.

Master told me while I changed in his arms that what he had fed me was a second chance. He had said that the reason that he had changed me was so I had youth and beauty forever. And that he knew I would have enough reason to carry the cursed blood to someone who deserved to try and life past a normal human's pathetic life span.

Master's beauty and years exceeded my own for he was just the type of tall that makes you want to jump into their arms, the color hair of a goregous raven, eyes so red that blood has nothing on them, and body of a fallen angel. His arms were possesive and strong as he held me from struggling or escaping his white fangs.

Even his fashion of drinking was gorgeous. He is the perfect vampire and I am glad he is my master.

Though he changed me three months ago and the scars are just little bug-bite like scars on my neck, I can still feel his fangs on my neck as if it happen five minutes ago.

Rumors in the vampire world spread like wild fire compared to the slug like communications of humans. Because of the power to read each other's minds, new news to the humans is history to us.

So once in a while, master would send me a heads up almost two hours before word spread. His voice in my head would not so much as frighten but instead lull me. If I were trying to sleep, for example, in a hay stack, his voice in my head would send me into a soothing slumber.

Under the annoying grain, I fidgeted this way and that, never able to get comfortable position under the pesky hay. In my mind, his voice was soothing.

"Sleep Janine," he softly commanded. My body shook as if it wanted felt, for his fangs in me once more. My breathing picked up and my body trembled.

"Master..." I didn't mean to sound so passionate. My voice sounded like longing; something I had hoped he wouldn't hear from me.

"What is wrong Janine?" He asked me, his voice making my body quake with need. I straitened my body out in the grain, my eyes still closed and arched up my neck.

"Please," I whispered. In the recesses of my mind, I was slapping myself. He probably wasn't anywhere near me and probably wouldn't come to me. He probably has other humans to feed from instead of this lowly subject of his.

"Janine..." His voice was husky and sounded as if he were right behind me. It took me a few moments to realize that my name was said out loud. And it was master's voice. No denying that.

"Master?" I asked out loud. I tried to open my eyes and to move in the grain to feel around however, I remained still, unable to move.

"Yes?" His voice was no longer in my head but directly in my ear. I wanted to move, I wanted to see him but his control over my body is more powerful than mine. When his lips grazed my earlobe, I shivered.