Chapter 8

Liz's POV

We walk into the barn and jump onto the big pile of hay.

"Okay now let's load the hay onto the wagon." Uncle says as he joins us in the barn.

We all look at him like he's crazy and he laughs "I'm only kidding I have my neighbors son to help."

A boy walks in he looks about my age, but maybe a little bit older like 14 or something. he has dark brown hair, and I think he has dark brown eyes,too. He looks very muscualr and dreamy.

"Hi I'm Josh your uncles neighbor." he introduces.

"Hi I'm Elizabeth, but you can call me Liz only my best friends call me Liz." I say and jump in front of everyone

"I'm Cassie, this is Herme, Angela, and Tracy." Cassie says poiting to each of them when she says their name.

"Okay Josh lets load." Uncle says and they start lifting up heavy things of hay and loafting them into the wagon. There is already some hay in the wagon and I guess that they want to fill it up.

I stare at Josh as he works, and find out that he is very dreamy I mean he is the definition of dreamy.

'Hey guess what I found." Angela says

"Oh oh what did you kill this time." Cassie says annoyed

"I didn't kill it-yet." She whispers the ending part "I found a baby mouse." She holds up her hands and reveals a little baby mouse

"Oh my gosh!!!" Herme squeels "It's adorable."

She reaches out to hold it, but Cassie slaps her hand away and yells "Your going to get infected did you know that mice carry blah blah blah blah blah."

I ignore her as I watch Josh loading on hay, he turns his head and smiles at me, I turn away and blush.

"And that if you touch it you can get sick?!?!?!?!" Cassie finishes

"Like we don't have a bunch of diseases already." Angela says

"Don't hold it put it back on the ground!!!" Cassie orders

"Wait can we at least give it back to it's mother." Herme pleads

"Well yeah of course you can." Cassie says soflty

"Okay Angela lets go find it mother." Herme says

"AHHHHH A RAT!!!" Tracy screams out of nowhere

"Where?" Angela asks

"Over there." Tracy says poiting to a gray figure running along the wood on the ceiling.

"That's not a rat that's a mouse you can tell because it is small and has a pointed snout so it's either a house or a roof mouse." Herme says

"And that mouse is probably the mother." Angela says excited, she walks up to it slowly and places the baby mouse gently on the hay. She walks away and the older mouse crawls over the to younger mouse and sniffs it, she then recognizes it and carries it away with her to her nest.

"We did it we saved a baby mouse!" Angela and Herme jump up and down

"And now your going to wash your hands with the garden hose." Cassie orders "Liz go with them."

"No why can't Tracy." I complain

"Fine Tracy go with them."

"Did I even touch it?" Herme asks as they jump down to the bottom of the pile and out the barn.

"Okay guys we're ready to go do you want to join us." Uncle asks

"Yeah sure, we just have to wait for the girls."

The girls come back in about a minute and we all jump in the back.

Herme and Angela jump right in, Cassie stands on the hook that is connectin the tractor to the wagon and get on. Tracy tries to get in by herself,but fails so Josh helps her on. Josh offers his hand and of course I take it and we both get on.

Herme and Angela climb to the top when, Cassie and Tracy (who is being held their by force) sit on only one stack of hay.

I climb not to high up get a "window seat" Josh sits not to far from me

'Well buckle up kids because we have a long and bumpy trip ahead of us." Uncle yells from the tractor.

We drive out of the barn and into the warm sunlight, oh this is going to be fun.