8.

NEXT MORNING
AZALEA

After putting the alarm clock on snooze for I don't know which time, I woke up. I probably stayed up till three in the morning or maybe more. Whole night, I couldn't sleep and now I can't wake up.

I rubbed my eyes to make my blurry vision stable and glanced over at the clock. Eight in the morning!!!!!! What the hell!!! Why didn't Flora wake me up? Oh God, I'm done!! But first of all, where's she? I was freaking out. If this is how I'm going to work, they'll kick me out in no time. Flora wasn't in the room so she probably went to the Mansion already.

I raced inside the washroom and did my power brushing and took a quick bath, all because of this over sleeping. I dressed up in my maid's uniform and applied a little moisturizer while sprinting out of the room. Racing down, I saw nobody on the way, they're all working by now.

I'm so done, Don was probably pissed while I was playing dead on my bed. I reached the kitchen and found everyone doing their work without noticing my presence. Good. I'll quietly blend in.

I went in and found Flora checking the workers near the storage area. She instantly noticed me as soon as I hustled my way near her.

"Finally you came to life" she sighed, faking a straight face.

"I'm sorry Flora, I overslept." I explained.

"Girl, you were sleeping in our balcony. I dragged your fatass to bed. What the fuck were you doing there? " she asked me while I saw few people eavesdropping.

I took her to another corner.
"I couldn't sleep. " I told her.
"Oh- were you thinking about something or someone?? " she smirked while poking my arm with a wicked look.

"Noo- I have problems during my periods. " I explained while she clinged on my shoulder, leaning down.
"Are you alright now? " she asked, concerned.
I nodded with a smile and then asked her, getting myself ready for work,
"What I've to do now? Was Don mad at me? What do I do? "

"Calm down, Calm down. I don't think he's mad at you or anything. You're fine here. " she said and I was quite relieved. I decided to help others with their work if I can. I spent my morning shift in the storage, organising things and cleaning it up with other maids.

••••••

It's time for my evening shift and I was already in the dining hall, setting up things, just when, One of the maids approached me and nearly whispered a message, "Boss wants you in his room. " she left right after that like a wave of wind.

Well, At this point, I don't fear anything. I'm tired already. If this is about this morning, I'll tell him that I overslept and then he can do whatever he wants with it.

I reached his room that was open already, so I knocked on the door before getting in.
"Come" he ordered right after, from inside.

I went there to see him standing near his window, looking out while talking to someone on his phone.
"That's exactly how it's supposed to be. Am I clear? " he warned whoever was on the other side of the line and hung up without any other word.
Then, he turned towards me and I gulped, still keeping strong eye contact with him.

"Come here" he ordered, making my legs follow his command the very next moment. I stood in front of him while he stood there with his hands in his pockets.
He lifted up my chin to make me look up at him, right in his eyes.

"Dress up. I'm taking you out. " he spoke, more than it even was. My face froze like ice to his words when my mind denied yo believe it.

Argument number one, I'm broke. Argument number two, I don't have a clothing that you can call dress, unless he wants me to wear this uniform and most important of all, what he wants to take me out for? With this look that he has, I can't tell what's going on in his mind either.