Chapter 37

Alli's P.O.V.

I wake up the next morning cuddled next to Shawn on the couch. I guess we fell asleep there last night. I slowly get up and walk to the bathroom. When I look in the mirror, I see red and puffy eyes along with mascara stained cheeks.

I quickly run upstairs to take off my make up and reapply something a little more suitable. I know I'm probably not going to do anything today, but not wearing make up makes me feel a little bare. Just as I'm about to put on foundation, Shawn walks in the room.

"Ever heard of knocking?" I mumble.

"You left the door open so I thought it'd be okay. If you wanna have some alone time, I can go."

I sigh. "No don't go. I'm just really sad and frustrated and angry. First they take away my parents, then my grandparents. Who's gonna be next, Jess?"

"Alli, don't say that. I know you guys will be fine."

Shawn walks over and pulls me into a hug. I start to cry softly into his chest as he strokes my hair.

"It's just that they raised me. It's so hard to see them go."

"Sh. Don't worry about it okay? I promise that you and Jess will be just fine without them here."

"You really think so?"

"Of course. You both are so strong, you can get through anything. I believe in you."

Mickey's P.O.V.

When I wake up the next morning, I'm immediately sad. Shawn called be last night and told me what happened to Alli's grandparents. But the real question on my mind is how to get Josh to leave Alli and Shawn alone.

I quickly get dressed and leave my house. School said they'd give us off until Wednesday, and it's currently Monday. I told Josh I'd meet him today, so maybe I can convince him to leave her alone.

When I pull up to the big oak tree in the park, my heart races as I see Josh sitting under it. He looks completely pissed, and I really don't wanna do this.

Michaela, you have to. I tell myself. Do it for your best friend.

I muster up the courage and go walk over to the tree. He glares at me as I sit down next to him.

"Why'd you ask me here?" He asks, staring off into the distance.

"I can't do it. I can't break them up. Not after Alli's grandparents passed. She's too fragile right now."

His scowl softens, but doesn't disappear. "I'm sorry to hear that. But you need to understand, I should be the one helping her right now. She is my girlfriend. She needs to be with me."

"She was your girlfriend. But you messed up. Now she's with Shawn, whom she loves. And you are no one to interfere with that."

I get up to leave, and Josh rises to my level. "She loves me. Okay? I know she does. And Shawn nor anyone can change that. So you need to get you head out of your ass and realize that I'm the best thing that's ever happened to her."

"No. You're just a desperate son of a bitch who can't realize that she's happy. So fuck off or so help me god I will tear you int-"

I'm interrupted by a sharp sensation on my cheek. He hit me... again... in broad fucking daylight. The next thing I know, Josh is being shoved off of me.

"Leave now." The feminine voice says to Josh. The woman, who turns out to be Jess turns to console me. "Jesus Michaela, are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine."

"Do you want me to call your mom?"

"No. I said I'm fine. Thanks for stepping in though."

"No prob-"

I don't get to hear her finish as I speed walk away from the park.

Jess's P.O.V.

Around lunchtime, I decide to ask Alli and Shawn about what happened to Mickey in the park.

" Hey Alli?"

"Hm?"

"Do you know why Mickey would be talking to Josh?"

"Ugh that douchebag? No. Why?"

"Because today when I was out for a run, I saw them talking. It looked really serious. And she seemed almost scared." I don't mention the slap so I don't worry her.

"Oh. Well I don't kno-"

Alli's P.O.V.

And suddenly, it all made sense.

***********************************
A/N: Hey everyone. I hope you liked this hella dramatic chapter. It was super fun to write. Don't forget to comment, vote, follow, etc. Love you guys. Thanks for reading.

~SBP