Chapter 8

The students from Kyoto Jujutsu High were inside gathering together before going outside, it was their last day. Mai looking down on Y/N for entering right after the tournaments which she didn't mind at all making Maki's twin more upset until she noticed the bandages and decided to play with it.

"Poor living being what happened to you? You don't know how to protect yourself or was it one of your classmates who did that to you?" Mai smirking at her.

"Oh, this was a curse spirit" Y/N replied calmly but Fushiguro was furrowed his eyebrows, did Mai knew what happened? Or was her question just a coincidence?

"I see, so you don't know how to take care of yourself" Mai chuckled, still careful on starting a fight now that the rest of Tokyo Jujutsu High was awaken.

"You piec-" Y/N stopped Kugisaki placing her hand on her upperarm

"Yeah right?" She smiled at Mai "I am still learning how to take care of myself and others, you're free to look down on me; I really don't mind" the girl paused, everybody with their eyes on her after watching her smile "The deeper the seed, the higher the tree".

Her classmates and upperclassmen were speechless by the smoothness and humbleness of her answer but Inumaki, she didn't have time for an arrogant person right now, she was injured.

Mai was too annoyed by her answer that only let out a "Hmph!".

"We should go back to the dorms" Fushiguro stood up giving her his hand to do the same.

"Is it that bad?" Asked Kamo walking towards them looking at the bandages.

"Yes, worry not" she answered, Kamo noticing how Fushiguro was alert made him think that maybe he was the reason of her injuries.

"L/N-san, may we talk for a moment? I wanna ask you something".

Y/N started walking along Kamo back inside while the tension among both High Schools was still here after what Mai said, Kugisaki doing her best to not punch the cocky twin on the face and Itadori being chased by Toudou. Inumaki was just looking at everybody until someone tapped his shoulder.

"Do they know each other?" Fushiguro asked him.

"Salmon".

~

Kamo walked alongside Y/N in the halls until they were completely alone, she had an idea of what she was about to ask her but didn't say a thing until he stopped and looked at her.

"Did he hurt you?" Kamo asked furrowing his eyebrows but with his eyes closed.

"Why are you asking that?" Y/N was a little confused about why Kamo got with that conclusion.

"My question startled him, as if I hurt his pride or hit a spot. He's a nice sorcerer but I can tell it's hard for him to hold his emotions" Kamo shrugged

"I was in a predicament with a cursed spirit and due to the circumstances it was too risky for him to help me, I had to take it all that's the reason of my injuries" she answered frankly, Kamo relaxed.

"Was it too dangerous?"

"We were running out of oxygen, my innate technique wasn't s choice. This bruises just show myself that I can handle it" Kamo opened an eye, knowing that if Y/N had used her innate technique rather than the L/N technique Fushiguro couldn't have made it alive down there.

Kamo has known Y/N for a year but he has heard about the L/N clan and their Cursed Mater Technique for a long time thanks to his mother. Apparently a person from the L/N clan saved her when she was pregnant and she kept in touch with them.