"➒" : ᴀ ғᴀᴍɪʟɪᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀᴍᴛʜ

。◍。◍。🖤。◍。◍。

。◍。◍。🖤。◍。◍。

After Elijah woke up, Elena drove us away from the boarding house and stopped on the side of a curb somewhere so that we could talk. I was in the back passenger's seat while Elijah was in the front seat next to Elena. She had grabbed him a blood bag before we left so that he could regain his strength.

"You look better," Elena said.

"Where did you get the dagger?" Elijah asked once he finished the last blood bag.

I glanced back to Elena. She couldn't exactly tell him that John gave us the dagger. He would kill him.

"I'll tell you everything but we have to trust each other. I know that's asking a lot from you but I need your word." Elena looked at him hopefully.

"Your ability to make demands has long passed." He said not even glancing at her. He looked at me through the mirror and I looked down. We couldn't just try to kill him and then expect him to trust us, could we?

"No demands. I'm asking you. I'm offering you our help, and in return I want yours." She looked for his approval.

"And why should I even consider this?" Elijah responded, looking at us both.

"The same reason that you haven't killed us. I understand you're upset because we betrayed you." She looks at him apologetically.

"We were wrong, Elijah. But you need Elena to kill Klaus and we need you." I spoke up from the back seat.

Elijah remained silent for a while but his expression softened a little bit. Just then Elena's phone vibrated. She looked at us and mumbled, "Stefan." Elijah nodded at her and so did I.

She picked up the call and put it on speaker so that I could listen too. Elijah could listen anyway.

"Where are you? Are you okay? Is Rose with you?" Stefan asked. He sounded concerned.

"I'm okay. Rose is with me...and Elijah too." She replied.

"Yeah, I figured. Where are you?" He asked her.

"No, Stefan I need to talk to Elijah alone and Rose is safe with us." She said calmly.

"Listen to me. He can't be trusted he'll use you to get to Klaus-" Stefan tried to tell her when I cut him off before he finished.

"Elena is right, Stefan. Elijah is a nobleman. He lives by a code of honour and I trust him. He knows that She'd be incredibly stupid to betray him again. By removing the dagger, She has proven herself," I told him and Elijah smiled at my words.

Before he could retort, Elena spoke up, "It's my decision, Stefan. Please respect it. Also, make sure Damon doesn't do anything stupid." She hung up.

"So what gave you the choice to undagger me?" Elijah asked.

"He's here," I blurted out immediately, the events of the previous night repeating in my head.