22

NOT EDITED!
✨✨Sorry for not updating for almost a week, ive been busy with school and packing.
ALSO UPDATE;;
I'm happy that pledis, Mingyu and the OP were able to handle the situation accordingly and maturely. If definitely showed their characters and grown they are. ✨✨
~AU 👁👄👁

     "I'll... be right back." I pause, moving my bag onto Mingyus lap, pushing my chair back and standing up. I keep my eyes locked onto my parents whom were following behind the Yoon couple. I reach for my mothers wrist as the other adults conversed themselves. I drag her to a slightly farther hidden spot, where they won't find us. I wave my hands in the air, gesturing towards their direction and whispe yelled at her. "What are you doing here? With them!"

     "Oh! Darling! We're having dinner! What're you doing here?" My mother smiled and squeezed my cheeks. I dart my eyes back and forth between my mother and their table. Sighing heavily. "Oh wait. What a stupid question. You're obviously having dinner. Are you alone? Would you like to join us—"

     "Mama... why're you having dinner with the Yoon family?" I ask, rubbing my forehead.

     "Well, Appa wanted to talk with them about the whole situation. That's why we're out." My mother pauses, caressing my hair. She squeezes my cheeks a little and looks around the restaurant. "Who're you with— ooh! Hello, Jeonghan!"

     I shut my eyelids tightly, already knowing my mothers getting the wrong impression. I turn around facing Jeonghan who just stood up straight after bowing out of respect to my mother. "Hello, Mrs. Lee... i apologize, I didn't know you were here. I would've introduced myself sooner if I had."

     "It's alright darling!" My mother smiled patting Jeonghans arm. She turned towards me and nudged her elbow into my side. A groan escaping my lips. "So it's Jeonghan you were having dinner with?"

     Jeonghan stared at my mother and then at me

     Jeonghan stared at my mother and then at me. His lips slightly parted, suddenly his cheeks dimples and his eyes crinkled at my mothers words, a sly smile faltering on his lips. "No. He wasn't the one. We just... happened to be here at the same time." I turn to face my mother. She raised her eyebrows, a smirk falling on her face. "I have to get back. You better tell me what you're talking about after, mama." She waved me goodbye, walking back towards her table. I cross my arms, my eyes following the small women who sat herself down on the wooden chair. I sigh, turning around looking at Jeonghan. He just stared at me, which made me want to puke in my own mouth. "Oh, what do you want?"

     I walk past him, his footsteps following right behind mine. He coughed, causing me to turn  around. Emotionless face, staring at his hand that eagerly reached for the back of his neck. "It seems our parents still want us together. Should we comply?"

     "Heh..." I let out a snort, reaching to cover my mouth. A posed laughter and smile spreading across my face like butter. My smile faded as I let my hands drop to my sides. An angry flower on my face. "I'd rather drop dead.

     "What's your problem with me, Y/N? Tell me! What did I do to you to hate me this much?" Jeonghan cried out for me, turning me around, earning some stares from the customers. I push his arms off of me, looking around gazing around at the prying people.
     —Man, was my irritation at its peak of the mountain... and it feels like Jeonghan just kicked me right off.

     "For fuck sake, Jeonghan. You want to know why I hate you?" Tight fist forming in my hands, my heart racing enormously. Trying to convince myself to be the better person and not dive my knuckles along his nose. "Firstly; You're inconsiderate. Of me, of everyone, you only think about your damn self. Secondly; You cant keep your damn hormones in check. I swear every time I see you, there's always a fucking camp sight in your crotch area of your pants. Lastly...
     —not everyone needs to like you. You assume that just because of your good looks, that you're deserving of everyone's affection. It annoys me."

     "Wow. No need to hold back!" Jeonghan laughed, holding his hands up in the air as if there were guns facing him. I rolled my eyes. He's taking everything as a joke. Typical Jeonghan.
     —That's what I thought, but there is no denying the fact that I seen the glimpse of hurt that flashed in his eyes. He then placed both of his hands on his chest. "You know, you're quite cruel. It's alright I forgive you."

     Jeonghan flicked my forehead, walking back to the table with a pouting Mingyu and a Yeonhee who was dragging the same piece of broccoli across her plate

     Jeonghan flicked my forehead, walking back to the table with a pouting Mingyu and a Yeonhee who was dragging the same piece of broccoli across her plate. I lean back into my seat, keeping my eyes on my parents. The mothers were laughing and smiling while nodding their heads. While the fathers looked like they were having a serious conversation. My father pulled out a stack of stapled paper, turning the pages to Mr. Yoon. I then spotted the image printed on the white flimsy paper.
     —it was a couple of houses.

     My heart was racing, I glance between our families. My eyes continued to remain on them throughout the entire dinner. I didn't even notice the time I've spent analyzing their every movements until everyone at my table stood up. "You ready to leave?"

     I look up at Mingyu and nodded, looking at the time on my watch. As we approached the doors, I make a complete stop grabbing Mingyus forearm. "Actually... you can leave without me. I need to see something."

     "It's alright, I can wait for you—"

     "It's going to take a while, so it might be best for you to leave. You have a class in the morning." I place a gentle kiss in his cheek and shoved him closer to the door pointing at his car. He turned around and started walking backwards slowly.

     "Are you certain? I can wait for you." Mingyu looked concern and worried. It was an adorable face for him. I just smiled and waved him off.

     "I'm sure. My parents are here, that's why. I'll probably see you tomorrow." I wave him goodbye, now walking to the table that was so close to my view. I place my bags on the empty seat and bowed to them all. "I'm sorry for my intrusion on you dinner. Do you mind if I join?"

     My mother laughed and pulled me down in the chair. "Of course not dear! It's about time, I was wondering what took you so long!" She grabbed one of the empty plates in the middle and placed it infront of me, placing a few things into my plate. I was already full, but out of respect I decided to force myself to eat the food.

     "What were you all talking about?" I ask, using my chopsticks to lift up the noodles and into my mouth, with a side of chopped vegetables. My parents glanced back and forth between each other. A drip of sweat dripping down their foreheads, quenching their thirst with the liquids in their cups. A heavy breath escaped my mothers mouth.

     "It's about time you found out, my baby—"

     "We're going to move into a larger house with the Yoon family." That's when the sanity ballon I was trying to grip on so tightly to...
     —was released.