The 87 Cent Solution

"Uncle Scrooge! You're sick. You shouldn't be on your feet." Huey said. Huey, Charlotte, and Webby were following Scrooge into the Money Bin after noticing Scrooge feeling a little under the weather. "I have to make my morning meeting. A stuffy nose and clogged ears won't kill me." Scrooge said. "Yeah. He's vanquished mythical beasts, demonic armies, robot uprisings!" Webby listed. Yeah, but... "Which would probably wear out someone half his... advanced age." Huey said, whispering that last part. "Advanced age!?" Scrooge yelled, offended. "A-At least r-rest a little b-bit." Charlotte said. Before Scrooge could respond, Manny emerged from the elevator with a cart full of different science equipment. "Where should I put this science waste from the lab?" Manny asked. "For the last time, I'm not sick!" Scrooge said as he hit the side of the cart with his cane before entering the elevator. "That's not what I..." Manny began to say before shrugging.

Scrooge, Huey, Charlotte, and Webby made it to the top floor as Scrooge went straight to the money bin. "According to the Junior Woodchuck Guidebook, your sickness could be-." Huey was cut off by Scrooge completely closing the vault to the money bin he had entered. "Finally. A quick dip before my meeting is all I need to vim my vigor." Scrooge said. Scrooge dove down to his money before swimming around, enjoying life. That was until he noticed something was missing. Scrooge gasped as he looked around. "I've been robbed!" Scrooge yelled.

Meanwhile, Glomgold and Owlson, Glomgold's new executive after some certain events, were waiting in the meeting room. Owlson had a white board present, talking about the charity she and Scrooge established and the bet Glomgold and Scrooge made a while ago. "Alright. I know you have this insane competition with Scrooge. But we also run this charity with him, so we have to look respectable, focus-." Owlson stopped herself when she spotted Glomgold sleeping at his seat. "Focus!" Owlson shouted.

Glomgold awoke with a start. "What the-?!" Glomgold said as he looked around before walking to Owlson. "Wait... Listen, Owlson, I know we've had our differences, but I'm very close to figuring out the perfect scheme! I may have a way to make more money than Scrooge, win the bet, and take over his company. You're supposed to be smart, maybe you can help. I just need to figure out how..." Glomgold said. Glomgold was about to write on the white board when Owlson flipped it over to the other side, hitting Glomgold in the process. "Ah-ah-ah! N.E.S.T.: No Elaborate Schemes Today!" Owlson said, showing the acronym on the board.

"What about tonight?"

"No."

"Tomorrow?"

"Still a 'T'".

"Well, at the very least Tuesday!"

"No! No more schemes! We run a multi-billion dollar business. We can be a force for good in this world, but not if you keep ruining my- our... our reputation with your stupid, obviously evil schemes." Owlson said as she flipped the board, hitting Glomgold and sending him to the floor. "You want to beat Scrooge, don't you?" Owlson asked. "Yes, Ms. Owlson." Glomgold answered. "Okay. Well to do that, you need to be more like him. Poised, calm, respect-."

Owlson didn't get to finish as Scrooge burst into the room, growling in anger. "It was you!" Scrooge shouted at Glomgold. Glomgold returned to his seat as Scrooge climbed onto the table. "I know it was you! Admit what you did, you cockamamie kleptomaniac!" Scrooge shouted. Glomgold laughed. "Yes, of course, I did! Wait, what did I do?" Glomgold asked. "You stole money from my bin!" Scrooge answered. "He's been her all morning. I have the stress headache to prove it." Owlson said. "That's impossible. I did binventory just last night. It was all accounted for." Scrooge said. "Are you okay? You seem a little, well... the opposite of sane." Owlson asked. Scrooge grumbled as he glared at her.

"Manny!" Scrooge called. Manny soon entered the room. "See these two out. Somebody broke into this bin and stole from Scrooge McDuck. Until I find out who and how, only authorized employees at the Bin." Scrooge said as Manny escorted Glomgold and Owlson out. "I'll need my top men." Scrooge said.