𝟔𝟎

a/n: Lottie's outfit for the chapter is above!

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘━═☆

Charlotte missed Mystic Falls, it was after all the only place she had ever been to and if she was honest, Lakewood wasn't that good. The brunette had a small smile on her face as she remembered walking around town every day with—nope, no, not now. I am doing well.

Kol wasn't always busy with anything but he didn't exactly spend all of the weeks out of Mystic Falls with her, sometimes he left to do things that she didn't bother to ask about. She wouldn't have liked it if he asked her and they didn't get that close, yet.

She wasn't used to not knowing where she stood with people in her life so that was the very first thing Charlotte outlined for the Mikaelson boy. The last thing she would want is to give him mixed signs by leaving town with him.

The brunette sat on the bench outside, playing Angry Birds on her phone. She huffed out when she missed the last pig, so close! Charlotte's phone buzzed in her hands, receiving a call. She was prepared to cancel, as usual, but her finger didn't slide past to decline, instead to answer.

It was Stefan.

Stefan never calls, well not in general, but they just never talk anymore and out of everyone in Mystic Falls who could be missing her, he was the last person to cross her mind.

"Charlotte, hello?"

She rubbed the back of her neck, pulling herself up from the porch swing, "Hi, uh...hi, Stefan."

It was quiet and Charlotte was tempted to hang up but she was truly curious about what he had to say, did he miss her? No, he couldn't have. "I, um, I missed you."

She pursed her lips together, "Okay," Charlotte mentally facepalmed herself before shaking her head, asking, "Is that all?"

Stefan sighed on the other line, claiming, "No, no, it's not."

She tapped her fingers on the wooden fence from where she stood, "Look, Stefan...I am not ready to come back and I am not sure that I will ever want to but since you called and I accidentally answered...," Charlotte almost facepalmed herself at 'accidentally'. Yeah, so believable.

"How is everyone? Is it better now? Without the self-righteous, annoying, and super nice Charlotte?" She folded her arms over her chest, asking.