❛ 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ❜

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐀 𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐃 Lavender's jaw with her two fingers, as she and every one else was in shock that Harry Potter was the fourth Hogwarts champion. Suddenly, a skipping Pavarti sat next to them.

"So...did something bad happen? Who got chosen?" Pavarti whispered.

"Harry....he's then fourth champion." Lavender whispered in shock.

Pavarti coughed. "WHAT?! Marina you don't seemed very surprised."

"Well it's not like I went back in time with him last year. What's new about Harold the Dense going on some dangerous adventure?" Marina shrugged.

There was still no applause. A buzzing, as though of angry bees, was starting to fill the Hall; some students were standing up to get a better look at Harry as he sat, frozen, in his seat.

Up at the top table, Professor McGonagall had got to her feet and swept past Ludo Bagman and Professor Karkaroff to whisper urgently to Professor Dumbledore, who bent his ear toward her, frowning slightly.

Harry turned to Ron and Hermione; beyond them, he saw the long Gryffindor table all watching him, openmouthed.

"I didn't put my name in," Harry said blankly. "You know I didn't."

At the top table, Professor Dumbledore had straightened up, nodding to Professor McGonagall.

"Harry Potter!" he called again. "Harry! Up here, if you please!"

Hermione gave him a slight push. As Harry got to his feet, trod on the hem of his robes, and stumbled slightly (which was nothing new). He set off up the gap between the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff tables. The boy then entered the chamber.

But Marina only had one thought currently.

Why did I think this year was going to be normal?

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐘𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐑 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐌𝐎𝐍 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌 roared with noise as Harry Potter portrait entered the common room and was welcomed by dozen pairs of hands, and was facing the whole of Gryffindor House, all of whom were screaming, applauding, and whistling. Of course, while Lavender and Pavarti were cheering. Marina was trying to sleep, but was awakened by the cheers.

"You should've told us you'd entered!" bellowed Fred; he looked half annoyed, half deeply impressed.

"How did you do it without getting a beard? Brilliant!" roared George.

"I didn't," Harry said. "I don't know how –"

But Angelina had now swooped down upon the crowd; "Oh if it couldn't be me, at least it's a Gryffindor –"

"You'll be able to pay back Diggory for that last Quidditch match, Harry!" shrieked Katie Bell, another of the Gryffindor Chasers.

"We've got food, Harry, come and have some –"

"I'm not hungry, I had enough at the feast –"

As Harry tried to run to staircase up to the dormitories, the crowd around him closed ranks, making him fall near Marina.

"Hey moron...your a bit of celebrity aren't you?" Marina said.

Harry sighed. "Yeah...I didn't. Honestly. I didn't put my name in RiRi."

Suddenly, Marina saw the desperateness for some sanity in his eyes. After all, she wasn't evil enough to say no. Honestly she did believe him. Right from when Dumbledore called his name. Why would the Boy-Who-Lived, the boy who was trying to be murdered since he was one, enter his name? He already had enough glory anyway.

"I know." Marina said, making Harry laugh.

"Really? That's nice to hear." Harry said.

"Please. I know some clumsy doofus like you who couldn't break a damn chain could never enter themselves in something so ridiculously impossible." Marina replied.

The two stared at each other for a few moments, they like always did since they met. It just felt like their was no crowd cheering, or no tournament, nothing at all that was a problem for either of them. Just them. Focused on each other. Forgetting about the rest of the world. The real world.

"Um...see you in the morning. Unless Ron kills you of course." Marina said, making Harry confused.

"Yeah. See you tomorrow Marina. Good night." Harry said, walking up to the boy's dormitories.