Worry, Worry, and More Worry

This is my attempt, emphasis on attempt, on making dance one-shot. There will be a part two posted sometime during the weekend. I tried to add as much AruxAiden, MinixRudy, and BrynnexHira as possible. Thanks soooooo much to @hello_gillian, @Riya_Bhavika, @GalladeGirl32, @gurbaniratra, @theriordanwriter, and @KnowledgeHuntress. Your support was so encouraging, and it meant so much to me. If you haven't read their books, you must go read them they are amazing. I also wanted to know if you want me to write longer one-shots, or if there is anything I need to improve on. Enjoy!

(Aru POV)

The Otherworld Dance party was tomorrow, and Aru was frantically looking for an excuse that would get her out of going. Dances were not Aru's specialty, but for now, it didn't seem like she had the option of not going. Not that Aru was a bad dancer, she was actually pretty good, but she had unpleasant experiences with dances. Most of the time, Aru had ended up leaving early. She didn't know why, but every time she attended school dances, Aru ended up standing at the corner of the room, waiting for someone to talk to her. That feeling of loneliness coiled up in Aru's stomach every time she sat alone at the lunch table or her mom left for a work trip.

"Maybe I'm the problem," Aru thought, "Maybe nobody at school, except Aiden, is friends with me because I'm not good enough." Recently, Aru's nightmares had gotten worse, to the point where she wasn't able to get proper rest. Walking over to the window, Aru looked at her reflection in the glass and rubbed her eyes; they had dark bags under them, making her look like a raccoon.

"I should have never been a Pandava in the first place," Aru thought, "that would have prevented the war from happening in the first place." The buzzing from her phone broke Aru out of her thoughts. It was a text from none other than Wifey. Well, this ought to be interesting.

(Text Discussion)

Wifey: Shah?

Aru: thats me

Wifey: I still owe you that dance, so I was wondering...

Aru: yeah?

Wifey: if you would dance with me tomorrow?

Aru (internally panicking): sure

Wifey: great, bye

Aru: bye

(A/N: Too scared to ask her in person, huh? Come on, Aiden.)

(Aru POV)

What had just happened? Aru looked at her phone to be sure it was real. Yup, it's real. Now it's time to scream and run around the house.

Make no mistake, Aru was elated, but what if she fell or did something else? Aru would be ready to die from embarrassment on the spot. She knew, for a fact, Aiden wasn't nervous about this dance. Why would he be? There were probably plenty of people, especially girls, who would want to talk to him. No way to get myself out of this one. Ohh boy.

(Rudy POV)

Rudy was currently freaking out in front of his mirror. The Otherworld Dance was tomorrow and let's just say Rudy was not thrilled to be going. Now, you might be asking why would the most amazing Naga Prince, a.k.a. him, be freaking out about some dance. The truth was that Rudy was not a very good dancer, and he had a crush on Mini. Rudy was mainly freaking out because of the latter.

Mini was smart, compassionate, and basically, everything he wasn't. Rudy started to worriedly pace about the room with a million thoughts whirling through his head, "How would he ask Mini to dance? What if she said no? What if I accidentally do something gross, like sneeze or wipe my nose with my sleeve, and she doesn't want to talk to me anymore?" Rudy paused his pacing to look at himself in the mirror.

"There is no need to worry. You are the prince of Naga-Loka, and you do not freak out about dances," Rudy said, in an attempt to assure himself. It didn't work, and he resumed pacing. (A/N What is with this guy and pacing?)

(Brynne POV)

Usually, the only reasons why Brynne attended Halloween dances were to raid the snack table, spend time with her sisters and friends, and nudge a few oblivious cinnamon rolls for some more ship material. Recently, though, someone else had been preoccupying her mind regarding the otherworld dance, Hira. Lately, Hira had been accompanying 50% of Brynne's thoughts. The few times they had bumped into each other at the night bazaar had been extremely awkward. Hira would be at the dance too, and Brynne had no idea what to say or do. Basically, Brynne had a crush.

"Hira must think I'm the weirdest person ever." Brynne thought, looking at the brownies in the oven. She didn't even know what she would do with the brownies; they were the result of stress cooking/baking, something she had been doing a lot recently. Maybe I should send them to someone. Brynne immediately thought of Hira, but before Brynne could think about it any further, the timer rang, telling her to get the brownies out of the oven.

After placing the tray on the counter, Brynne turned Gogo into a mace and expertly guided the air around the brownies, cooling them. Gabbing a box, Brynne then packed the brownies, scribbled Mini's address and "For: Hira; From: Brynne," and dropped them off at the Otherworld Postal office. She didn't have to worry about the brownies spoiling because the Otherworld Postal Service got packages delivered in less than a few minutes. Now time to get home and watch another episode of Master Chef.

A few minutes later 

The buzzing of Brynne's phone distracted her from the show. It was a text from Hira.

Text Message:

Hey, Brynne, thanks for the brownies, they were delicious. I really enjoyed them. Look forward to seeing you at the dance!

(Brynne's POV)

A smile grew on Brynne's face as she stared at the text. Perhaps the dance wouldn't be so bad after all.

You know how Aiden says that he likes Aru as a friend in the Song of Death? What if he says "I like you" in the other way and Aru says this:

Aiden: I like you, Shah

Aru: Yeah, I know as friends *walks away*

Aiden: *facepalms*