Chapter 12

Chapter 12

                “Colette, let’s get going!” Mr. Rosenfeld called at Everett’s mother, who was in the process of putting a pearl earring in her left earlobe.

                “Hold on a minute, would you?” Mrs. Rosenfeld muttered under her breath, smacking her cherry red stained lips together. “Just wait out in the car. I’ll be down there in a minute.”

                Everett and I were snuggled up on the couch, a thin blanket over the two of our bodies. The warm fireplace was on beside us, and we were watching some reruns of an old cartoon that the two of us use to watch when we were younger.

                “Are you kids going to be okay?” Everett’s mother asked for the third time tonight.

                It was her and Mr. Rosenfeld’s ten year anniversary today, and they were running late for their dinner reservations in the town besides ours. Mrs. Rosenfeld’s dark hair was fluffed up in nice, loose curls, and she had on minimal eye makeup, but a stunning red lip color. She was wearing a new black dress that had a gold neckline. She was even wearing the pearls that her mother got her for her sixteenth birthday, over two decades ago.

                “We’ll be fine, mom.” Everett rolled his eyes, his hands interlining with mine under the blankets. “And we aren’t kids anymore. Riley and I are fourteen!”

                Mrs. Rosenfeld snorted, before hurrying over to the two of us to plant a kiss on each of our foreheads. While Everett groaned and wiped his kiss away, I smiled. I’ve always loved Mrs. Rosenfeld as a second mother. “Take care.” She smiled softly. “Call me if you need anything!”

                “Have fun!” I called out, before the front door shut.

                Once Everett’s mother was gone, and we heard the sound of the car pulling out of the driveway, Everett let out a long breath of relief. “I thought they would never go away.” He sighed, his hands squeezing mine gently.

                I rolled my eyes, as Everett suddenly pulled me closer to him. My eyes widened, as I felt my heart hammering against my chest. The two of us had just started dating a month ago, but I still wasn’t used to the signs of affection and all. Everett and I had only kissed a few times- and they never lasted more than three seconds. The two us were still young and naive- innocent.

                “What do you want to do now?” Everett whispered gently, his hands suddenly running through my hair.

                A small smile appeared on my face, as I shrugged. “I don’t care.”

                I honestly didn’t care what we did at that moment, as long as I was with Everett, I was happy. I was beyond happy.

                Just like that, the two of us started kissing. It wasn’t like any other kiss we’ve shared before. This time, it wasn’t slow, and Everett wasn’t being patient. It was fast, full of passion and need. He held onto me firmly, but not too tight. He held me gently, as if he made one bad move, I would shatter into pieces- like glass. His hot lips left a burning sensation wherever they touched me, as I closed my eyes, falling into his arms.

*

                “Riley,” a chillingly evil voice suddenly spoke, sending shivers down my spine with fear, “do you have a minute?”