Safe and Sound??

10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
LOCKDOWN ACTIVATED
You think i would be used to lockdown after all these years, but I still got an un easy feeling in my stomach thinking about the homeless who would be hunted down and killed.
As my mom showed Carter and Cassidy where they would be staying, I snuck away and slipped into my room,I picked up my cell phone noticing I had a text from my best friend,Ally,
Ally"Lockdown yet again :/"
Ally and her family were like me and my family they hated lockdown but didn't do anything about it they felt they would be putting their whole family at risk,if they took in the homeless.
" Tell me about it -_-,so whats up"?
Ally" just wanted to make sure were still on for our sleepover on Fri"?
"Ya"
Ally"K well gotta go,see you fri,bye.xoxo
"Bye"I quickly texted Ally.
~~
I made my way downstairs to find Carter watching the lockdown cameras,"Hey wheres Cassidy"
"With your mom" Carter replied turning around to look at me,"well aren't you bored watching the cameras its always so devastating watching people kill other people. Carter laughed "Girls and their feelings","Sexist Jerk" I mumble quietly,but loud enough for Carter to hear me and start laughing.Me and Carter decided to eat some ice cream and get to know each other more,since Cassidy and my mom were still god knows where.
"Favourite coulor"??
"Green we yelled at the same time"
"Favourite Hobby"
"Basketball" I reply without even having to think,
"Baseball is wayyyyy better" Carter defends
"NOOOO"
"YESSS"
"NOOO"
"YOU KNOW BASKETBALL IS WAYYY BETTER ADMIT ALREADY CARTEEEEERRR"
"FINE....basketball is okay bbbut BASEBALL IS WAY BETTER"Carter says with a big smirk on his face.
I Glare at him before smacking his arm and running away,I hide behind the couch,I look back to see carter gone just when I'm about to turn around, I get a bunch of mayo squirt in my face.
"Oh HELL NO CARTER NO ONE GETS AWAY WITH SQUIRTING MAYO ON ME"
I run and jump on Carter's back tackling him to the floor"
"OWW, how are you so strong for a girl"?
"Well sexist jerk lets just say basketball does that to you, with all that hard training to be such a good player"I say smirking,then get up after noticing how awkwardly close we were.
After we clean up we decide to chill down for a bit noticing the time,9:24.
~~
Me,Cassidy,Carter,and my mom decided on spending the night watching Cheaper by the dozen,halfway during the movie I got up to pee, then decided to grab a cup of water.After i grabbed my water I text my dad to make sure lockdown at his work is all good.My dad usually comes home before lockdown but then theres those days that traffic is crazy and my dad has sooo much work being the head boss and all,so he just spends lockdown in his office,with his door and windows on full lockdown,Meaning they had expensive bulletproof layering,considering the business cost billions of dollars,I quickly text my dad "Stay safe daddy,dont work too hard,goodnight,love you".After hitting send i make my way to the living room walking past the office,But then I turned to look at the lockdown cameras and screamed loudly at what i saw dropping my glass of water on the floor making it shatter,"KRISTEN whats wrong My mom called out with worry laced in her voice,I point at the camera,still shocked at what it said,when my mom took a look at the camera she passed out.....

***Authors note***The picture is what Carter looks like,guess in the comments what you think they saw on the camera that made them freak out.