The Iida Family Legacy

Iida Tenya was the second son in a family of four. His mother, his father, his older brother Tensei, and him made up the family.

The Iida family was known for their engine-like quirks. Tensei had them on his elbows. He had them on the calves of his legs.

However, Iida Tenya's family was even more well known for having a long line of heroes. His brother was, in fact, a hero. Ingenium. 

Iida Tensei was his role model. Everything he did was in hopes of impressing his brother. Even his hero costume was based on Tensei's design.

That's why he would do his best! He would uphold his family's honor!

--------------------
Midoriya POV

Midoriya tightened his grip on his kali sticks as he looked at Iida from across the battle arena. Midnight looked at both competitors as she raised her whip.

"The battle between Midoriya and Iida is about to commence!" she announced as the crowd cheered once more. 

"WOW! I WONDER WHO'S GOING TO WIN, RIGHT SHOU-CHAN?!?" Present Mic yelled.

Aizawa glanced at his partner next to him before grumbling, "Please refrain from calling me that."

"AWW! WHY NOT?!?"

"It is unprofessional of you to."

While the two debated for a few more moments, Midoriya started to analyze his friend. Iida Tenya, one of his best friends, relied on his speed. He was fast, he had already demonstrated that during his match against Ibara. It also didn't seem like he used his arms. 

He could take advantage of that. 

Koro-sensei was a bit like Iida, now that Midoriya thought about it. Not his personality, of course, but they both relied on their incredible speed to overwhelm their opponents. 

However, one was able to move at Mach 20. Another was able to move as fast as a car. 

Unluckily, Iida was the slower one. 

A small smirk grew from his smile as he leaned forward a bit. 

"Are both competitors ready?" Midnight asked the two on the dusty stage. Both nodded firmly. Seeing this, Midnight then declared, "Then go!"

Immediately, Iida rushed forward, hoping to get the upper hand. Unfortunately, Midoriya had already predicted this and thus, moved forward as well. 

Iida's eyes widened as he slowed down, enough for Midoriya to twist on the heel of his left foot and turn, kicking Iida on the back. 

Stumbling, Iida quickly tried to catch himself and was able to. As Iida quickly turned around, Midoriya attacked him with his two kali sticks. Iida was only able to recieve the quick blows and block them with his arms. 

Midoriya was not going to let any unnecessary space come in between them as he rained blows onto Iida's arms. He also was giving Iida no time to adjust or get into a proper stance for running. Iida grit his teeth as Midoriya continued to overpower him. 

It wasn't long before Iida was forced out of bounds. 

--------------------
Iida POV

Iida watched in horror as he was pushed past the treacherous white line. 

"And Iida is out of bounds! Meaning that Midoriya is the winner!"

Another pause came. Iida watched his classmate's face turn from happiness to horror as someone started to yell, "THERE'S NO WAY A QUIRKLESS LOSER COULD GET THIS FAR!"

"YEAH!"

"THERE MUST BE A MISTAKE!"

"BRIBERY! FAKE! LOSER! USELESS!"

As insults rained down from the crowd, Iida could see his friend's breath getting quicker and quicker. He patted Midoriya's back. "Are you okay?" Iida whispered. Midoriya looked straight into Iida's eyes and Iida could see the panic slowly decrease.

Furious at what the crowd made his friend become, Iida straightened up and was about to yell when someone was already doing so.

"QUIET!" Aizawa hissed through his mic. The crowd quieted down as they turned to the announcer's box. If they looked closely, they could see an angry teacher with his quirk activated.

"YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY ANY OF THIS!" Iida's teacher continued, "MIDORIYA HAS THE MOST DETERMINATION AND PERSERVATION I HAVE SEEN IN ALL OF MY STUDENTS! HIS QUIRKLESS STATUS ISN'T A SIGN OF WEAKNESS, IT'S A SIGN OF STRENGTH! THAT BOY HE JUST WON AGAINST WAS FROM THE IIDA FAMILY, BROTHER OF INGENIUM! DO YOU THINK THAT SOMEONE FROM THE IIDA FAMILY, A FAMILY WHO PRIDES LOYALTY AND TRUST, WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS? HMM?"

The audience was silent as they could hear the ragged, sharp breaths from the man. 

"No? Then you should be quiet. If he can get this far, he must be worthy of it," Aizawa said as he sunk back down into his chair. "Considering how many proheroes are in the crowd, I am truly ashamed of your actions."

More silence followed as Present Mic cleared his throat. 

"My radio show is famous for its hotline. This is the reason why. Nobody is going to say that here in UA, so let's get on with the festival," Present Mic said, for once, not yelling.

Iida couldn't remember exactly how he got off the stage, but when he finally paid attention to his surroundings, he was in the waiting room he was in before his match.

Before he lost. Digging out his phone, he was about to call his parents but before that, a call came. 

From Tensei. 

Slightly ashamed, he picked up. 

"Tenya?" his brother's voice said from his phone. 

"Brother, I didn't win," Tenya said, his voice on the verge of cracking. "I'm sorry I disappointed  you - "

"No!" Tensei's voice protested, "No, you did not. You're tied for third with whoever loses from the next battle. All you have to do is concentrate and get on the podium."

Tenya quickly wiped the tears threatening to spill out of his eyes. 

"Everyone loses at one point," his brother continued. "In fact, I was about to die. I met the Hero Killer after all."

Tenya's eyes widened as he listened to his brother's tale. "I was saved by a group of kids your age. They disappeared, but they knocked Stain unconscious long enough for me to apprehend him and get him to the police station. That's how I saw your match, on the TV in the waiting room."

"Really? You need saving?"

His brother chuckled. "Tenya, what you're about to learn is that everyone needs saving. Even the strongest of them all. But that's why we don't work alone. So, who are you going to save?"

A smile was put on Iida's face somewhere during his brother's speech as he straightened up, pushing his glasses further up the bridge of his nose. "Thank you, brother," he said. "I'll make sure that I win the next battle and become the best hero you could imagine!"

His brother chuckled once more as he ended the call. 

Turning back around, Iida walked out the waiting room. He had a match to see, after all.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Vote for Haikyuu multiverse/anime reaction or Kuroko no Basuke multiverse/anime reaction or even OHSHC anime reaction here!