𝔑𝔦𝔫𝔢𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

⚠️ Long chapter ahead ⚠️

Alexandra's POV

"So you're the Ferrari's daughter, huh?" He asked while analysing me looking me up and down.

"Yep. That would be me." I looked at him right back. If he was going to stare at me then I was gonna stare right back at him.

We both looked at each as if it was an intense staring match. Our eyes narrowed.

Cautious, just like his father.

He suddenly tilted his head and smiled. "Well the names Adrian." He gave me his hand to shake.

I took it and smiled back. "Alexandra." He gave me a nod and took his hand back.

Suddenly a running panting Elias came into the room. He stopped at the door and put his hands on his knees out of breath.

"Alex.....Dad...wants ya." He panted out.

"Oooo someone's in trouble." Damon smirked from behind Elias, leaning on the door frame with his arms crossed.

I rolled my eyes and got up.
"It was nice meeting you all, but I better go and see what that man wants now."

They all smiled at me and I walked past the boys out of the door towards my father's office. Once I was there, I knocked on the door and stood there.

"Enter." Came his gruff voice from the other side.

I pushed open the door and looked up to meet his face. He looked.....nervous?

That's odd.

I closed the door behind me and sat in the seat in front of him.

"Why am I here?" I didn't have time to beat around the bush.

"Umm, well Alexandra." He cleared his throat and sighed. You could tell he was trying hard to find the right words as he massaged his temples clearly anxious.

"Promise me you will listen to what I have to say without running away." He looked directly in my eyes. Worry and hope running through them making him vulnerable.

What was so important that he needed to tell me so urgently?

Was it about the family business?

Were they finally going to tell me that they were in the Mafia?

"I promise." He sighed in relief and adjusted himself in his seat. I have a bad feeling about this.

"Well. As you may have noticed by now, your mother is not around." I had noticed. The boys didn't talk about her, neither did dad. What was he getting at?

He took my silence as a sign to continue. "The day you were taken Alexandra, I had just returned from a business meeting. You and your mother were not in the house. The boys were in tears and both of your things had gone."

He took my hand in his. "Alexandra, I wasn't the one who sent you away that day. It was your mother."

My blood ran cold. It was as if the whole world was going in slow motion.

My mother?

She did this.

Not my father. My mother.

She ruined me.

Caused me pain.

And I blamed my father all of these years.

When he had nothing to do with it.

I felt someone squeeze my hand slightly and I looked up to face my dad who had a worried look on his face.