Trying to understand the devil

Since that day, that dream no longer became a nightmare but a hope of light. Ayanokouji-kun comes in my dream and tells me he is going to save me and break the chains of my past. I have no idea how that plain looking guy can do it but I feel relieved by his words. Very relieved as a matter of fact. Since then I started paying a lot more attention to the existence of Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. First, he is handsome. I think more handsome than Hirata-kun but he has to smile for it. Second, Horikita-san only talks to him and no one else. There were even rumors that they started dating but that claim has always been denied by both. Third, he has connections to all the four leaders of our class except for me. Hirata-kun seems trust him, he has been seen hanging with Kushida-san and then we have Horikita-san.

The problem is how do I approach him? Even though he has all these connections, he is really socially awkward and him hanging with the idiot trio does not help at all. Ahh mou, just how will I do this? I have been thinking about this for two months now. During that, three interesting things happened. Sudou-kun was about to get expelled but then was saved by Horikita-san. He got in trouble again and Horikita-san helped him again and lastly Horikita-san pulled out a magic trick and won us the special exam in the summer break. One thing that I noticed was that Ayanokouji-kun was in it somewhere. When helping Sudou-kun, he went out along with Horikita-san. He attended the trial too and he was the one who told Hirata-kun about Horikita-san's achievement. Anyone would have thought that he was just a side character of a story where Horikita-san is the main lead. That is what I thought too until...

I was in the café on the cruise after the island exam and I was really exhausted. No one was with me and I was all alone. I needed some me time. That is when I overheard something,

"What did you do? Tell me everything from start to finish."

That voice, is Horikita-san's right? Who is she talking to and why is she sounding so confused?

"I will tell how I won us the exam but you will not tell this to anyone. That is one thing I won't compromise with."

That voice belonged Ayanokouji-kun. Only he is the one who can have such monotone voice and an emotionless face. Then he was about to turn around and I quickly hid behind the counter on the other side. Did I hear that correct? Does that mean that Ayanokouji-kun was the one who made us win the exam? I overheard them,

"What is it?" asked Horikita-san.

"Nothing," said Ayanokouji-kun.

Without them noticing, I got out of that place. I had no idea how do I process this information I just got. Should I tell someone? Should I keep quiet about it? What should I do? Ahh mou, this is so frustrating that I want to scream at the top of my lungs. Wait, but there is also another possibility. There were other people from other classes in the café so this may be possible that Ayanokouji-kun said it this way to throw them off, but then everyone now knows that Horikita-san is the leader so why would they even do that? Ahh mou, why do I have to hear this? Now I cannot even get it out of my head.

I decided to go back to sleep in my room. My roommates were Satou-san, Matsushita-san and Mei-chan. No one was in the room so it was perfect. Most probably there were somewhere with Hirata-kun. I crashed on my bed and closed my eyes as I started losing consciousness. I fell asleep and had the same dream but this time the place became clearer. It looked like some kind of place under a ship or cruise. Wait, we are on a cruise. Don't tell me this is where it will happen?

I woke up and checked the time, it was 8:00 AM. So I had that dream on repeat the entire time. With each repetition, I felt like his words were getting heavier and heavier. So heavy that if I even hear them once in real, I will believe them without a second thought. Ahh mou, this is so unfair. You can't just barge in my dreams and then gain my trust like it is nothing Ayanokouji-kun.