lost things (animagus!fred weasley x reader)

summary: Penguin!Fred loves bringing you rocks but one day you wake up and they're all gone.

a/n: okay this came from an idea on my tumblr that Fred loves penguins and that if he was to be an animagus he would be a penguin

warnings: none

On your shelf above a desk in your room, you keep a few very important things. Photos of you and Fred, a box of old jewelry, but most importantly a bowl filled with rocks. It doesn't make much sense but to you they mean everything.

It was a few years ago when Fred decided to become an animagus. Having learned about the Mauraders from Harry he wanted nothing more than to follow in their footsteps. Besides becoming an animal and getting to shapeshift whenever he wanted to be sounded super cool.

He kept the leaf in his mouth the whole month and followed all the rules, a part of you was scared something bad was going to happen but he always assured you everything would be alright. He was Fred Weasley after all.

Finally, after a thunderstorm, Fred took the potion and became an Animagus. He refused to tell you what he ended up becoming, wanting to show you instead. He asked you to close your eyes and when you did he transformed.

Waiting a few more seconds you opened your eyes to see the most adorable penguin you have ever seen in your whole life. With a little birthmark on its chest where Fred has his. You practically overflowed with happiness as you kneeled down to hug Fred. He was possibly the cutest animal you had ever seen in your life. Cooing and petting him until your cheeks hurt and did Fred eat up the attention.

You'd ask him to change into it quite often just to see him waddle around which he came to tease you about. One thing you learned over the years was that he started to pick up on a few penguin traits.

One being his fascination with rocks.

During his lunch break, he would take a small walk around Diagon Alley. Whenever he found a rock he found to be smooth and pretty he would stuff it in his pocket and bring it back home to you. He didn't think much of it but you loved it. Each rock felt like a little unspoken "I love you".

You kept every rock he gave you in a little bowl for safekeeping. But for some reason today you woke up to Fred gone and the bowl was empty.

Fred had left you a note about a work emergency but the disappearance of the rocks was still a mystery. You just had to find them before Fred came home. It would break his heart if you lost them somehow. You practically tore the flat apart. Searching anywhere and everywhere they could possibly be.

At one point you were about to accio them but stopped when you realized that saying "accio rocks" wouldn't be the best idea. Especially with the new glass windows you had put in as Fred had broken them a month ago after a firework got loose.

Night begins to fall and you feel hopeless. The door opens and your heart drops.

"What happened here?" A wave of relief washes over you as you recognize the voice to be George.

"I lost the rocks!" You cried as you throw a pillow to the side.

"The rocks that Fred gave me." The frustration and tiredness of the day brings tears to your eyes but you wipe them away.

"He's going to be so disappointed." George frowns and comes over to sit by you.

"He won't be disappointed. Fred knows what you mean to each other without a bowl of rocks." You nod softly and lean against George's shoulder.

"Now, I've come here to collect you and bring you to the burrow, Fred's orders." He says with a mischievous grin. Narrowing your eyes you cautiously take his hand.

"This better not be like the time you took me to a muggle kids park and left me there." You grumble as the two of you stand up.

"It was one time and we came back for you right away!" In an instant you were in the living room of the burrow. George's eyes flash with excitement and your suspicion grows even more.

"You should go check out back." He suggests not so subtly. Slowly you open the door, watching for a bucket to fall on you at any moment. Instead you see, a rock. One of your rocks, Looking back at George you tilt your head in confusion.

"Follow the rocks." He whispers with a massive smile on his face.

Leaning down you pick up the rock at the door, then the one close to it. It was a small trail illuminated by orbs of light and rocks in your hand. Your heart stops as you reach the end. There standing in the center of a heart made of rocks was Fred. Dressed in a snappy suit and looking incredibly nervous.

"Hello princess," He says softly as you step closer to him.

"I thought I lost these." You say with a small laugh looking at the rocks in your hand.

"Sorry to scare you, I needed them for something." Fred holds out his hand to you.

Carefully placing the rocks on the ground you walk over and take his hand, standing in the heart with him.

"I'm not too good with words, but I really only need a few. I love you. I've been in love with you for so long." Tears well up in your eyes as Fred grabs your chin lightly, nothing but pure love in his eyes.

"I say stupid things sometimes and do stupid things but never for one second doubt how much you mean to me." His eyes gloss over with tears as he finishes his little speech. He stares into your eyes for a little bit longer.

"These rocks, at first I felt silly for bringing them home but you took them and loved them just like you love me." He thinks back to the happy look on your face whenever he brought you one.

"There's this type of penguin finds the prettiest rock and uses it to propose. I just hope I picked the right one." A gasp falls from your lips as Fred gets down on one knee. Pulling out a small box he opens it to reveal a sparkling ring.

"Oh Freddie." Bringing your hands to your face you can't stop the tears from falling.

"Will you marry me my love?" Fred asks, a hint of nervousness in his voice.

"Of course I will!" You cry as you jump into his arms, forgetting about the ring as you smash your lips onto his.

His arms wrap around you as he deepens the kiss Pure adrenaline rushing through his veins. The only thing on his mind is you. As you pull apart he slips the ring onto your finger.

"I love you so much Fred," You say as you pull him into a tight hug, tears still falling down your face.

"I love you too Princess, forever." In the distance, you can hear the happy cheers of the Weasley family who were watching from afar.

"Best rock ever huh?" Fred asks as he holds your hand up to the moonlight.

Giggling you nod and hold it up to admire it. Pure happiness floods your system as Fred laces his hand with yours. Fred wore a smile so contagious it had you beaming. Leaning over you press a small kiss to his cheek.

"It's absolutely perfect Fred."