Im sorry

That night I physically couldn't sleep the nightmares consumed me,again. They beginning to get worse as the anniversary approaches just like every year.
The raging storm didn't help either, I evened out my breathing slowly counting to ten, just like Wanda had taught me, before letting darkness swallow me.

"I'm going to enjoy this cat," he growled.
"No, please," I whispered softly.
My hands and legs were tied in shackles, he couldn't trust me he had said, I struggled tears streaming down my face. It was to no avail I was stuck like glue.

The blade pressed into my face digging deep, while pain shot up making my whole face burn like fire.
"This will never heal cat it will be my permanent mark in case you try anything again, that's if you survive," he whispered into my ear before letting asguardian magic taint the wounds.
He left me there to die.

I don't know how many days I was left before the door had swung open revealing Natasha,
"Don't come near me," I uttered before the blackness took me back.

Loki's pov

I had finished reading the first book she had suggested even though I had shunned it, I planned on reading all 18. There was loud storm settling in that night I was hopeful this would distract me , I despised storms they took everything they could then left, reading this reminded me of her and that silly grin she pulls.

I concentrated on the novel in front of me Peter Pan it was quite funny to me that this was the book she suggested.
About a boy that steals a girl away from the real world to one of magic. Is this what she wanted? If so that could be arranged. I'm not sure why I took such a liking to her. She intrigued me and not many people could do that.

Banging was heard from across the hall, I knew that was her room. Slowly getting up pondering on my next move wondering what to do I opened the door to the hall. The only thing separating our rooms.
"Alexandra?"  I said casually we weren't exactly on the best of terms and I have only known her for a week so barging in didn't seem like the best given option right now.

Shuffling around and a loud thud followed by an ow before the door opened revealing a very dishevelled looking Alexandra.

"Well?," she asked tapping her foot looking impatient.
"What do you mean well, I heard fucking banging so I thought I'll check to see if you're ok,"
Her face softened slightly, making me realise my grave mistake. I just admitted a tiny part of my cared. In a friend way.
"I was-," she looked around almost looking for an excuse,
"Having sex,"
My face crumpled with confusion then annoyance.
"Oh,"
"Ugh you're such an idiot I'm just joking," she replied a grin on her face as she pulled me into her room.

It was messy filled with bits of paper with drawings and writing on. The colours of the walls were weird and didn't blend together as a whole, completed by her bed which was a heart shape and painted black.
"Very,um,unusual,"
"You're not a good liar," she replied opening the glass doors to the balcony at the opposite ends of the room,"
I walked to join her on the balcony, turning to face her as she looked out across New York.
The pale moonlight flooded her face her long lashes that framed her dark blue eyes, freckles littered her face and ran across her button nose that was scrunched in laughter at my slight confusion. The hearts on either side of her cheek glowed a soft red colour, they were enchanting.
"What are they," I said softly to her.
Suddenly her laughter disappeared and I regretted my question immediately.
"They're a curse, a long story for another time," she replied her tone of voice the same but with a sharper edge, a defence mechanism, she was insecure.

I reached up slowly, so she could pull away at any point but she didn't here eyes stayed connected with mine, a sense of trust emitted from them.  I placed my hand along the side of her face and gently let the pad of my thumb trace the outline of her hearts, just another unique feature she possessed that intrigued him further into the book that was Alexandra. But a strong hold over her was distracting him, more powerful than him and what scared him the most was that he recognised it.

Alexandra's pov

I usually would stomach these nights alone but he was distracting, in a good way. The knock was a form of privacy he didn't want to invade but simply provide friendly comfort. It was refreshing  I didn't know why or how this sudden change had occurred in me but the way he looked at me tonight with such care, made me want to burst with happiness.
A few hours had past and we were now both sat on the floor outside listening to the late night city sounds, the cool midnight breeze carried our conversation to each corner of NYC.

"I'm sorry," I admitted quietly,

"What for?," he replied, laughing

"I'm not sure, waking you up?"
"I was already awake," he scoffed as if it was known knowledge.

"Why not many normal people are up at 3am?"
"I don't know if this has struck you yet or not but I'm not a normal person,"
"Well no shit," I mumbled, looking up grinning to see him grinning back.

Loki's pov
I stood up, lending a hand and pulling her up.
"I thought you would never come near my hand again," she laughed.
I groaned back showing the faded bruise on my palm.
This made her laugh more,
"I am truly sorry,"
"I could only feel sorry for your boyfriend Alexandra,"
She frowned slightly before nodding.
I suddenly felt a pang of emotions, seeing her reaction. Why did i want her to deny it?

"Goodnight," she said instead, climbing into bed.
"Goodnight Alexandra," I said slowly closing the door behind me and making my way back to my room.