Middle of the start

It was definitely an interesting surgery, it went well thankfully and the guy seemed to be doing ok, Jessie had checked on Cody as well, he woke up and she had to break the news to him that he would never walk again but he took it decently. Now it was after seven and she was going to check on Carrie before heading home.

                  ***
Across town, at Addison's apartment, Derek fell asleep watching Cartoons with Destiny and it was almost time for his shift. She didn't know he was there, for all she knew Jessie was still with her.

When she walked into her big apartment she didn't notice anything off at first glance, but soon spotted the shadow of her ex-husband and had no clue was what going on.

Derek's alarm went off a few minutes later.

He rubbed his eyes sleepily. "Addison? Wait... what the hell? What time is it?"

"Relax, you still have an hour before your shift starts but you need to get up, here let me have her I'll put her in bed," she said lifting Destiny from his arms.

"This is awkward." He mumbled.

"Everything's been awkward with you lately Derek, does Meredith know you're here?"

"Yeah, I told her my sick daughter needed me and she understood, she's not a sociopath."

She rolled her eyes before taking Destiny to bed.

"Are you at least going to tell me where our other daughter is?" she said when she came back In the living room.

"You didn't see her last night? she decided to go to the hospital last minute, and you could have just asked her yourself, anyway I'm gonna go, tell Destiny I love her when she wakes up."

"I didn't see her!" Addison snapped. "you really think I'd ask you a question I already know the answer to just for the hell of it? why are you being such an ass Derek!"

"I'm not being an ass, my gosh Addison you're so good at interrogating! I don't understand why you chose to be a surgeon and not an FBI agent."

"Oh so now you're gonna act like that, you really think I don't know what you're doing?"

"What am I doing Addison?" He retorted, slouching back on the couch, pretending he had no idea what she was talking about.

"I see right through you Derek, you're angry at yourself for not knowing why you did what you did and for some reason think it's ok to take it out on me, we both acted in the heat of the moment and yeah I should have walked away I don't know why I didn't, it shouldn't of happened but you don't get to treat me, the mother of your children like crap because you don't know how to deal with your feelings, you will respect me, this is equally your fault as it is mine, She said sternly.

"I-I, you're right Addison, I'm sorry." He stuttered his voice suddenly quiet and full of confusion.

"Look we both know it didn't mean anything, we were emotional and we were both just there, you need to move on."

he syed, "Easier said than done."

"I know that, but sometimes life gives us no other choice."

"I'm trying, Addie you don't understand how hard I'm trying but the guilt is so overpowering, I haven't been myself and I didn't even realize how horribly I was treating you, I'm such a bad guy."

Addison syed and her voice softened as she recognized the pain in his. "Derek, you're not a bad guy, we both made a mistake ok? I'm not going to say that you aren't bipolar and very stubborn but you're not a bad guy. Anyway, you're going to need to be at the hospital soon so you should go home."