Three;

I groaned as I woke up, thick arms tightening around me when I tried to wriggle away.

Ashton.

It all came rushing back, sneaking over to Ashton's, watching The Fault In Our Stars with Ashton, falling asleep next to Ashton. My face was buried in his naked chest, my hands acting as a pillow under my head. Eyes fluttering open, I pulled back from Ash slightly.

Well, shit.

I had told myself to not do exactly what I just had: Don't fall asleep. I should've gone home before it was too late, my parents were probably worrying about me.

I tried to shake Ashton awake but he just whined and pulled me closer and oh.

He woke up with a start when he realised what he had done. Releasing me immediately, he shuffled backwards, giving me space.

"I'm so sorry, I swear I didn't mean to. Fuck, I'm sorry for like, cuddling you. I mean like, you're probably not okay with it and I really creeped you out. You're just- so fucking pretty and I can't stand it. I didn't mean for this to happen, I just wanted to talk to you and get to know you and that sounds awful because I invited you over at like, midnight and-"

"Ashton," I interrupted. "It's fine, honestly." My cheeks flushed the colour of berries, "I kind of liked it."

A grin broke out on his face as he raked a hand through his messy morning hair and along his jaw roughly, caressing the stubble growing rebelliously across his chin.

"Do you want breakfast?"

I should be eating breakfast at my house, but I'm already late, it can't hurt to be a little later.

"Yeah, I'd like that."

Ashton gestured for me to stand up and follow him out the door. His hand twitched at his side and I mentally submitted to myself, reaching out to gently intertwine his fingers with my own loosely.

He grinned at me, sleepily but happy. We made our way down the stairs and we simultaneously jumped over the creaky step.

Ashton opened the kitchen door for me like a gentleman, and pulled out a chair for me at the dining table, pushing me back in once I sat down.

"What would you like?" he asked, unfurling the rolling cabinet doors with one hand and scratching his chest with the other.

Ew, boys.

"Whatever you have that's pink."

"Pink Lucky Charms with strawberry milk it is then," Ashton laughed, and it sounded deep and melodic and I knew he could play drums but with a voice like that this boy could be the entirety of a one-man-band.

I fingered the strings of my brother's hoodie, hitting my cheeks with the thin white ropes. It reminded me of being a kid again, when I used to steal my brothers' clothes and pretend to be a grown up.

Ashton set the pink bowl in front of me. He was right, pink bits of cereal swam in strawberry milk. Pink, pink, pink, just the way I liked it.

"I like your nails," Ashton mentioned suddenly, sitting across from me with his equally fuscia breakfast.

"Thanks, I did them myself." I adored my nails. Currently they were painted a pretty pale pink, my fingers adorned with intricate golden rings I had forgotten to take off the night before. My Saturday nights were usually spent painting and decorating my nails, sometimes adding stickers and other nail art as well.

"Do you think you could maybe, do mine too?" He sounded so nervous as he asked, cautious and wary, like he was afraid of the answer.

"Uh, sure! I mean, I have school this week and I um, usually paint them on Saturdays? But, you could like, just come over if you wanted and I'd do yours too," I was rambling, and I hated myself for it. Don't ruin what you've barely got with the cute boy, Luke.

"I'd like that," Ashton said, flashing a grin at me from under his caramel curls.

After breakfast, I traipsed back upstairs to collect my belongings, frowning when I saw that I had spilled milk on my brother's hoodie accidentally while I was eating.

Ashton had been such a gentleman, collecting my bowl after I was done and putting it in the sink along with his pink ceramic plate.

"They're my sister's!" He had defended.

"Gosh darn it!" I said, stretching the material so I could examine it. I didn't even hear Ashton come up behind me until he said, "I'll get you a shirt."

I tried to protest, but before I could he was already standing in front of me, this time with an onyx and canary coloured Nirvana shirt.

"Now I owe you a shirt as well as a jacket," I sighed, pulling the hoodie over my head and replacing it as soon as I could, not eager to let Ashton see my body. I wasn't as casual about nudity as the older boy seemed to be.

"Doesn't bother me as long as they're going to a cutie like you."

And wow, okay, disrespectful.

How dare he be so nice and cute and sweet? Why couldn't he be a stereotypical asshole so I didn't like him? Why couldn't he be a massive meanie so I could go about my day without thoughts of his charming smile or thick arms distracting me?

"Thanks," I said, blushing. When I was with him all I ever did was blush. Had he even seen my face when it wasn't painted red? "I should probably... get going now."

"Oh, right, 'course. Just, um, leave? I mean, not like that, but. I'll, uh, show you the way out?"

I giggled. Darn it, he was funny too!

::

Luke doesn't swear and Ashton thinks it's super cute ayeeee

srsly the response to this is unbelievable thank you so much for 1k already