Don't be Shy - Kaiden and Sebastian

Seb wrapped the blanket around him, sat up on the edge of the bed and wiggled his bare toes. The dorm room was chilly this time of the year, but hopefully he wouldn’t be cold for much longer. Kaiden was on his way from Portland, probably driving too fast to be safe.

Seb shuddered and tried to think about something else. A shower. That was just what he needed. A hot, long shower. Too bad that he didn’t have a shower attached to his room. Instead, he had to venture out into the corridor and hope that no one was crazy enough to be up at this hour. He was still very conscious of himself—or shy as most would call him—and he didn’t want to share the shower room if he didn’t have to.

Despite the chill and the dread of a shared shower, nothing could dispel the occasional butterfly tickling the insides of his stomach.

Kaiden was on his way!

Seb hadn’t seen his boyfriend in over two months. Of course, that was if he didn’t count all the Skype calls. They usually talked for an hour or two every night, or until Seb’s roommate told him that it was time for sleep.

Glancing at the bed on the other side of the room, Seb could see Adam’s red hair sticking up in all directions. He was the best roommate Seb could ask for; sweet, funny and totally okay with the fact that Seb was gay. Sometimes Seb wondered if Adam was gay too, but he knew it was silly since Adam had a very cute girlfriend who liked to pop in every now and then with cookies and milk. They were adorable together.

Adam groaned in his sleep, and Seb was brought out of his thoughts. It was time for that shower before he slipped away for some breakfast.

Shivering, he discarded the blanket and made his way over to the dresser. He pulled on a hoodie, a pair of sweatpants and his slippers—something he would never wear in public, at least not the sweatpants and slippers.

He padded across the room, fetched a towel and a bottle of luxury soap he’d bought for this very occasion. If it was one day during the entire year he wanted to smell good, it was on their Valentine’s date. Kaiden hadn’t said a thing about what they were doing, but in the same breath, he forbade Seb to make any sort of plans. Apparently, Seb would get to choose what they did next year. Of course, that’s what Kaiden had said last year, but Seb didn’t mind. He knew how much Kaiden loved to plan and organize, which was a true blessing since Seb was utterly useless at those specific tasks.

Turning the handle, Seb closed his eyes and wished that no one was outside. The handle rattled, but nothing else happened. Seb stepped back, slightly panicked. It was one of his worst fears to be locked-in.

He tried the handle again, and this time the door swung open. Seb stared at the sight, gaping like a fish. He could see nothing but bright red balloons from where he stood. A lone balloon slipped away from the wall of red and danced inside the room. When he looked closer, he could see something written on it with a black marker pen.

The only thing that tastes better than hot chocolate is you. x

Seb read it again. A hoard of fluttering wings flapped around inside him, sending tingles from his heart all the way to his fingertips. He touched the text and cursed as he smudged it. Hugging the balloon, he saw that the other balloons had messages too. He grinned and picked out another one.

Don’t be shy, my perfect butterfly. x

He almost teared up, not because of the message, but the realization that Kaiden was already there. Not wanting to wait another minute, Seb pushed himself into the wall of balloons and hoped for the best.

“Kaaaiden,” he sang, desperate to hear Kaiden’s voice and feel his arms around him.

“Cutie,” Kaiden replied, steering Seb in the right direction.

There were balloons everywhere, moving around him like the sea, but he forgot to fear the disorientation and pushed on.

Stumbling on something, Seb fell forward and expected a meeting with the cold floor. A pair of arms caught him and brought him close to a warm chest.

“Hi there,” Kaiden whispered in Seb’s ear, making the smaller guy shiver in the most splendid of ways.

“Hi.” It was the only thing Seb could say, the only thing his mind could conjure. He was lost in Kaiden’s beautiful green eyes and soft smile.

“I’ve missed you.”

Seb tightened his hold around Kaiden’s shoulders and buried his face into his boyfriend’s neck, simply breathing in the scent of comfort and love. Nothing smelled better than Kaiden.

Oh dear, Seb thought, remembering that he was supposed to shower.

“Do I have time for a shower?” he asked, worried that he was too late and that Kaiden had nailed down a schedule starting from now.

“Only if I can join you.” Kaiden nuzzled his nose in Seb’s hair and kissed his forehead.

This time, it was even harder to find the right words and to form them in his mouth. Seb nodded, hoping that Kaiden would see just how much Seb wanted that very thing to happen. A shower together was the perfect start to Valentine’s day. Apart from walking through hundreds of red balloons of course.

“Let’s try to find your door then.” Kaiden chuckled and shoved some balloons out of the way.  

It took them two minutes to dig their way to the door, another two to collect towels and head into the showers. Kaiden grinned and pulled out a small metal object from his pocket.

“What are you doing?” Seb asked, puzzled over the thing.

“Locking the door of course.” Kaiden flashed a mischievous grin and slipped the lock into place, then he tried to open the door and looked even more pleased with himself when it didn’t budge.

Seb’s body was boiling with anticipation. It had been far too long since they touched each other, and far too long since he’d felt Kaiden close enough. He wanted everything at that moment, ever single piece of Kaiden with a cherry on top—all day long. 

Seb couldn't wait, so he ran over and jumped up into Kaiden's arms, wrapping his legs around his boyfriend's hips. Kaiden chuckled and carried him over to the wall, pushing him up and grinding their privates against each other. Seb moaned, unable to keep the sound from escaping his lips.

He knew what was coming, and he couldn't wait to get out of his clothes and into the hot water. Patience, he told himself, but it didn't work. He searched for friction and rubbed himself against Kaiden's growing erection, more desperate than he'd ever been before.  

Kaiden just chuckled and captured Seb's lips in a scorching kiss, so heated that clothes started to fly in every direction. Romance forgotten, their kissing turned frantic. They could continue the romance later, now they just needed skin and love. Hot and passionate love. Raw and uncompromising.

The End. 

omg, hahaha, you'll kill me, I'm sure. Love ya all. xx