𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 (𝟏𝟔)

Начните с самого начала

"Okay, let's do this." Levi grabbed Layla's hips, ready to help her climb in.

"I can do it by myself." Layla moved his hands and winked at him. Levi threw his hands up and backed up, giving her space. Layla placed her hand on the windowsill. She jumped a little and brought her right foot onto the windowsill also. She jumped one more time and climbed through the window swiftly. Levi sarcastically clapped.

"My turn." Levi put his hands on the window and jumped over the entire windowsill in one motion.

"Wow." Layla just shook her head at his as he dusted himself off. He grabbed her hand once again and dragged her to the kitchen. He grabbed her hips and sat her on the counter.

Layla placed her hands on the nape of his neck and Levi's hands rested on either side of her thighs. Layla rubbed her nose against his and they both giggled. The two of them just sat there for a while. It was still so surreal that the two of them got along again. They enjoyed every bit of it. 

"So, what's for dinner?" Levi stood up straight as his eyes scanned the kitchen. Layla did the same and instantly found a basket of fresh tomatoes and onion.

"How about," Layla hopped off of the counter and grabbed the basket, "Tomato Bisque?" Layla smiled and handed him the basket. Levi grabbed it and kissed her on the cheek.

"I'll see what I can do." He winked at her and sat the basket beside the stove. "Get me a cutting board, will you, beautiful?" Layla shook her head and looked around for a cutting board.

"You know, if this tastes like ass, I'm gonna tell you. I'm not holding back." Layla stated as she handed him a cutting board. Levi took it and placed it on the counter. He sarcastically gasped and grabbed a knife. He flipped it up in the air and caught it, his eyes never leaving Layla's.

"You don't have to worry about that." Levi fixated his eyes on his knife and began cutting tomatoes. Layla walked behind him and wrapped her arms around his torso. She put her chin on his shoulder and watched him as he placed every cut tomato on a backing sheet. There it was again. That comforting silence that the two of them enjoyed the most. Layla let go of him as he began to walk to the masonry oven. He placed the leftover tomatoes in a blender, turning them into a paste.

"Don't think you're just gonna watch." Levi grabbed a pot from the cabinet and looked towards Layla.

"You're making me work?!" Layla complained.

"Hush, you baby. Grab the onions and garlic and dice them for me." He began heating olive oil on the stove while Layla began chopping.

"How'd you learn how to cook, Levi?" Layla asked curiously, hoping she wasn't overstepping a boundary. Levi wasn't very big on sharing his past and them making up after their recent argument wouldn't change that.

"Erwin and Hange taught me." He stated with a blush. Layla leaned on the counter with her elbow and watched him as she bit the inside of her cheek. He grabbed the cutting board and pushed the vegetable in the pot with the knife.

"Well, Erwin did mostly." He chuckled. "Hange just sat there and watched. She would only speak when she saw I was doing something wrong. I'm so thankful for the both of them." Levi began to saute the onions and garlic. Layla felt her cheek get warm as she stood beside him, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"You can tell that they're thankful for you too. They really love and care for you. The way Hange messes with you and the way Erwin talks about you is beyond amazing to me." Levi was silent. Eyes completely focused on the food. He knew that his friends loved him. He just wasn't quite ready to talk about them with Layla. "When I was in Erwin's office, he told me how much he trusted you and your judgement." Levi's head jolted up.