Little Jessie

I dashed through my front door and shut it behind me. I dashed to the nearest window to see if he was there. I looked around and sure enough there he was standing in the woods surround my house. His eyes stared straight at me.

  what is he doing here! I screamed in my mind. What does he want from me?

  I am Jessica Abbott. I am 13 and the youngest of 3 sisters. My older sisters Jenna Lee and Paige are both in highschool and haven't arrived at the house yet. I have only one parent since my father died in a car crash last May. My mother is at work until 4. I am completely alone.

  I decided to call Johnny to see if he would come over. Johnny is kind of my babysitter. Well more like a friend of my mother's. He is cool and I am sure he'd come over but I already promised myself to grow out of the phase of needing someone around me all the time.

  I decided to ignore the guy outside and go watch tv or something. I locked the door just in case and walked away. There was an odd feeling that stayed with me for hours that day. It took forever to wash away.

  About half an hour later my sisters arrived. I suppose i should describe them for you.

  Jenna Lee is this tall, tan skinned, british girl. Her dark brown eyes are sharp but comforting. She was adopted into the family after her family died in a plane crash in Canada. She is charming and friendly but if you push her or her sisters (me and Paige) around she will beat the snot out of you.

  Paige is a little smaller than Jenna Lee but she is just as active. She plays soccer with her friends Miranda and Katia. She knows how to fight though so don't underestemate her because she is smaller than the average human. When she isn't home she is usually hanging out with her boyfriend Jeremy or her friends.

  "Hey guys," I said when they walked into the living room. I was surprised when I saw Paige crying. "Oh my god! Paige what happened!"

  "Some random attacked Jeremy and his younger brother Stephan," Jenna Lee said in a troubled voice. "They are both in the hospital in critical conditon."

  "Do they know who it was?" I asked.

  "No but they think it's Jeremy's stepfather Richard," Jenna Lee said.

  "Why them?" Paige sobbed. Never in my life have I seen Paige so broken. This gave me mixed emotions of frustration and anger.

  "We have to do something!" I said after i pulled Jenna Lee into a different room.

  "There's nothing we CAN do sis," Jen replied. It's so weird how even in the toughest situations she can be calm. We all think it ties to her parents being killed along with her three-month-old sister Kiari.

  "Well I can't just sit here and be useless," I muttered.

  "Stop being childish!" Jen snapped. "Just let the police handle it!"

  "Like they ever did in the past," I muttered. The one thing I am famous for is being one of those people who would try to help even though I was pretty much useless.

  "What was that?" Jen asked.

  "Oh nothing," I growled. Another thing i am known for is my attitude.

  "Well okay then Jess. Lets go help Paige," Jen said and we walked out the door.

  Paige sat on the sofa staring at the wall. Her knees were tucked under her chin. She seemed to be out in lala land but the tears continued to pour down her cheeks. She was a complete damsel in distress.

  "Paigie it will be okay," I said trying to comfort her. "Everything will be alright. I promise you."

  I was about to learn i couldn't keep that promise.