TWO - BONFIRE

"Whoa whoa whoa, didn't you already have like three of those?" Chester asked, Allison had just grabbed a fourth can of beer from the cooler.

"Yeah, so what? Rich girl can't drink? Lemme live a little." She slurred, opening the can and downing half of it.

"Oh, alright then, how about a competition? Who gets drunk off their asses first?" He suggested, smirking.

"Oh I'm so down." Allison chugged the other half of the beer, sucking every last drop from the can. What am I about to get myself into?

By now everyone had drank at least a little, so the two of them didn't stand out all that much. Mike kept a close watch of Allison, since she had no idea who she was talking to. He was sure that if she knew, she would flip out.

Chester had grabbed another beer and downed it in seconds. He knew he'd have Allison beat by a long shot, so he figured he'd lay off after that one.

By now, Allison could hardly walk straight. Everything was spinning around her, and she needed to go inside to clear her mind. The bright lights inside stung her eyes as she found Mike's bathroom. She'd been to his house several times, so finding it was no big deal.

She found the sink and started splashing water on her face to try to help her concentrate. She couldn't lose to Chester, not at all. Her stomach was starting to feel all queasy and she was beginning to regret her decision, but she didn't want to back down.

A few moments later, she emerged, accidentally bumping into someone. She looked up, and sure enough it was Chester. She could fully see him now, and she was completely blown away by his appearance. His eyes scanned over her, and eventually locking eyes with her own. His caramel orbs seemed to be staring into her soul and as she stared back at him, her mind was finally clear. She needed Chester. She needed to be around him. He stepped closer, close enough that his scent wafted toward her, heightening her senses. It was so strange, she'd never been so attracted toward someone before. This feeling was completely new.

"Hi." He said, trying to start conversation.

"Huh-hi." Allison stuttered. Chester must've done something to her. He was so enthralling, he just-

Before either of them could do anything, Allison threw up, everywhere.

"Well, looks like I win!" Chester exclaimed with a cheeky smile. He helped her up off of the ground and led her back into the bathroom, holding her hair back as she began to vomit even more.

Allison for sure thought Chester would be mad, especially now that his shoes were covered, but he didn't care less. She was shocked by his decision to help her rather than mock her. He seemed genuine.

"Thanks." She said, standing up and washing her face. "You could've easily made fun of me back there, why didn't you?" She asked, looking up into his doe like eyes.

"There's no sense in it. What would that accomplish?" He caressed her cheek. "I like to help people, rather than knock them down even further."

"Wow, I-"

Before Allison could finish, Mike opened the door, in search of Allison. "Oh, there you are! I should probably start bringing you home, yano, to avoid your parents?"

Allison nodded, slightly upset but she understood. If she got caught missing, she'd have much worse than a hangover the next morning.

"Aww, why?" Chester asked, also disappointed. Mike just shot him a glare. "Can I come with?"

"Fine." Mike mumbled as he grabbed his car keys. It was then that he noticed all of the puke. "Oh god, Allison! How much did you have to drink?"

"Sorry Mike." She said ashamed. "I didn't mean to."

"It's fine, just um, let's go?" He was twirling his keychain around his pointer finger. Allison and Chester followed him out to his car and Allison decided to lay down in the back. Chester and Mike were in the front, and Chester cranked up the radio loud.

"Aw Mike, why'd you turn it off? That was my song!" Chester pouted.

"Shhh, because we are close to her house. We don't wanna get her in trouble, do we?" Mike hissed.

"No, no we don't want that." Chester slumped down into the seat as Mike pulled around the back of Allison's home. "Whoa, you live here?!" Chester was pretending to be shocked by how lavish her home was.

Allison didn't respond. The three of them got out and began walking around the yard in strange ways.

"What are you doing?" Chester whispered.

"Shhh! Trying not to get caught by security cameras or motion lights. Be careful." Mike whispered back.

"Jesus, this house is like a really fancy prison." Chester mumbled.

"You could say that again." Allison turned to face them momentarily, before walking toward her bedroom.

Mike grabbed his ladder and attempted to help her up to her room. This was proving to be more difficult than usual because she was drunk.

"Hey Ches, you mind carrying her up? I don't want her to fall." Mike suggested.

Chester hoisted Allison up onto his back, carrying her up the ladder as Mike held it steady. His eyes scanned her room as he climbed inside, catching sight of how bland it was. It was massive, but hardly decorated. There were no pictures of friends on the walls or even family. The walls were a stark white, the bedding was a more creamy white. The furniture looked Victorian. Though he hardly got to know Allison, he doubted that this was her taste in decor.

He helped Allison onto her bed, taking off her shoes and setting them to the side. He also helped her glide off her sweater, revealing the thin black tank top underneath. He bit his lip in an attempt to keep himself from staring at the girl who practically fell asleep as her head hit the pillow. He was about to start climbing out of the window when she spoke.

"Thank you, Chester." Allison said quietly, tiredness evident in her voice.

Chester nodded in response and quietly stepped out of the window, lowering himself to the ground before he and Mike took off.

Allison woke with a pounding headache. She realized she was still in her clothes, so she immediately shot upright and into her closet to change. She tucked the casual clothes away into the small box, and changed into something more 'fitting.' She slipped on a dress, though she hated wearing them. She didn't mind certain dresses, but the ones her mother picked out were always so uncomfortable. She was used to it though, as her mother was nearly impossible to work with. As she began to tidy up her room, her phone lit up with a text from a random number.

Unknown: Hey, this is Chester. I got your number from Mike last night, just wanted to see how you were holding up.

Allison: Hey Chester, I'm doing fine. Had a lot f fun last night!

"Allison!" Mothers shrill voice shouted from down the hall. "Are you up? We are having breakfast with Mark's parents!"

Allison groaned. Mark Wakefield was her soon to be husband, and she hated him with a passion. He was always so rude, and when the two were together alone, thankfully not often, he was an absolute maniac.

Yet she fixed up her appearance, glad that she was a master with makeup, so she easily hid the dark circles under her eyes. Within seconds she was out the door and down the stairs, because she didn't want to hear mother's morning lecture for when she wasn't up and ready.

"Glad to see you're finally up." Mother snapped. "Why can't you be more like your sister? She's already up and ready, she's already happily married. She'd never even think about being late to a breakfast with her husband. What's keeping you from doing the same?"

Allison wanted so badly to yell "BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE HIM! BECAUSE HE'S RUDE AND AWFUL AND I DON'T WANNA MARRY HIM!!" But she didn't. Instead, she simply sighed and walked off.

If only she got to know Chester a little better, if only Mother would approve of someone like him, instead of wanting her to marry someone for money. Maybe then it wouldn't be so bad.