Chapter 1-- Punishment?!

You walk through to the Hall, confident. It has been a long time since you’ve been here: Midgard has been your home for a long time now, since the Allfather sent you to protect it. You are a strong warrior: strong but kind and compassionate. You are known for your optimism.

 Your time protecting Midgard is up and you have returned to Asgard, your beloved home, for your two-year break that you waited nine years in the Midgardian realm for. You lived in New York City, protecting the mortals to the best of your ability, and enjoyed it, but you’re glad to be home.

Before you can return to your place in Asgard, however, you must have an audience with the Allfather, telling him of our experiences and success, and reaping your reward or, Thor forbid, punishment.

So you stride through his halls, guards either side of you, their heads bent like yours. Our long (f/c) dress swirls around you as your pace quickens. My, it feels good to be in Asgardian clothes once more.

‘Halt.’

You lift your head to be met with the eyes of the Allfather, and sink into a kneeling position.

‘Rise,’ he says, his commanding tone echoing through the vast hall.

You stand up gracefully and lift your head confidently.

‘My lord, I have had great success protecting Midgard. I have kept the Jotun enemies at bay, along with aiding the Avengers and your son, the Mighty God of Thunder, in destroying the Chitauri,’ you say as confidently as you can with the Allfather looking at you. ‘I have succeeded in hiding my identity from everyone, and have wiped the minds of all those who witnessed me fight in New York, but for the Mighty Thor and his accomplices, S.H.I.E.L.D.’

You end your speech rather abruptly, you know, but there is nothing else to say.

‘Lady (y/n),’ says Odin reverently, ‘you have served the nine realms diligently over the past nine years. You protected Midgard from various enemies, namely the Ice Giant traitor Loki and the Chitauri, and you have Midgardians in check, preventing wars. For this I thank you.’

You continue bowing your head; you are glad he cannot see the relief that has washed over your face. You have seen what has happened to those before you whom had not their job well enough.

‘However,’ he says.

Oh, no.

‘Midgard would not have needed saving if you had succeeded in keeping Loki from the Tesseract. While it is safely back in our hands, you must pay for your wrongdoing.’

Heart rate quickening, eyes widening, freezing in place, you try to keep from hyperventilating. What will he do? Torture? Imprisonment? Execution? You have seen all of this before.

‘Your punishment,’ he continues, ‘is forfeiting your two-year break and keeping guard over Loki.’

No! No, no, no, no, no, no, no. He couldn’t do this. It wasn’t your fault Loki got a hold of the cube. Thor hadn’t been able to stop him for Valhalla’s sake, how could you?

‘I believe that while you were on Midgard you were a therapist, were you not?’

You nod, your head still bowed.

‘I wish you to speak to Loki every day. Using the skills you gained in Midgard, I wish you to bring the good back out of him. You have the remainder of this day to rest. Then, every day starting tomorrow, you must spend at least one hour, at most two hours a day speaking to Loki. There will be no exceptions.’

You shut your eyes tight, taking a deep breath. You were in control of your emotions: this was one of your completely refined skills. You could control yourself in every situation, which you knew was more than most on both Midgard and Asgard could say. You look up, facing him completely and looking him in the eye.

‘Yes, my lord. Your wishes are understood and I will perform the task given to me to the best of my ability. Thank you for your mercy in giving my punishment.’

You bow your head again, waiting for his release.

‘Tomorrow, when it is time for you to speak to Loki, seek out Heimdall at the Bifrost. He will tell you the entrance to the dungeons. The entrance will change every day. I will consult Heimdall every evening to make sure you have performed your task.

‘You are dismissed.’

‘Yes, my lord,’ you mumble. You turn and go to walk out of the Hall.

‘And Lady (y/n)?’ calls Odin with an afterthought.

‘Yes, my lord?’ you ask, turning back around. He smiles.

‘Good luck.’

He stands and bows to you. You return with an elegant curtsey and walk out of the Hall.

Well, this will be interesting, you think to yourself.

Odin’s POV

I hate giving Lady (y/n) punishment for something out of her control. She is my favourite of the warriors we train: she is composed and optimistic and caring, everything there should be in a warrior.

Still, I hope she can help Loki. I gave her this punishment knowing they would both benefit.

A/N: Hi! This is my first fanfic, so I hope you like it. Comments and constructive criticisms are appreciated :)