Still a bitch?

The evening dose of the medicine took me to sleep early, so I didn't see him at night, even if it hadn't, I wouldn't have joined him for dinner anyway. I was still quite mad at him to have brought myself to share a meal.

The next morning came with bursts of anxiety and nervousness as well, apart from the dull throbbing and the torturing cramps. I was going to meet Mama Jaan after a whole freaking month, the longest I'd ever stayed away from her. The least being a night when I went to Nano's because she was sick and alone, when Mamu had to attend an important conference in Pindi.

It felt so surreal. I just thought I was forsaken for an indefinite period of time, and considering that, the fact that I would be seeing her after a month was a lot to be grateful for. I wish Baba Jaan had really believed in me, it would never have come to this. The world and its people always hurl false accusations and criticisms, but it rests upon those closest to you to determine if you can take the blow, or let it become a fatal hit. After our fight - which I would have never imagined happening - I was beginning to doubt if I could really recover from the blow life gave me.

Exhaling a sigh, I dropped my hands to my lap that clutched the pink chiffon dress and tried to shrug my mind off Agha Hasan. If that blasted man didn't give a shit about me, I shouldn't needlessly fret over him, it wasn't as if it'd do me any good at the end of the day. Unless he apologized, that is, which I strongly doubted he would, for he was only the day before going on about letting my insolence slide, as if I was the one at the fault.

Shutting the flap of the suitcase, I rose to my feet with the dress I selected to wear to the milad and started towards the washroom. I had no heart into getting ready, if only we were meeting at some public spot, I wouldn't have bothered to even change. I just felt a little too miserable to make an effort to look good. And it wasn't just because of him, for the monthlies were a bit more of a burden to me right now.

The milad was scheduled to start after the Asr prayers, so I had to be there before that, since Mama Jaan said she would too. Amir had brought breakfast to the room, because I got up way after Agha Hasasn had gone to work, and thank the Lord for that. The rest of the hours I had spent turning and twisting and groaning on the bed, and browsing through YouTube every now and then.

Once I put on the lightest flick of the liner, I gave myself a final look in the mirror. At least I didn't look like a ghoul. Fixing the dupatta on my shoulder, I grabbed the clutch from the bed and went towards the door.

I exited the room only to find him standing behind the couch in the tv area, the suit coat draped on his arm and the free hand tucked in the pocket of his pants. The tie hung loosely around his neck, and damn he looked so hot I thought if I stared any longer I might as well start to swoon.

I wished I could kick myself in the gut for entertaining such garbage of thoughts.

He must have just come back from work. But why was he watching the news bulletin as if his life depended on it?

Did I really care?

No! I mentally scoffed.

His eyes averted from the LED screen and found me. He arched an eyebrow at my sight, and I realised that it was the first time I'd actually made an effort to somewhat refine my appearance in front of him. The moment the thought crossed my mind though, I felt like gracing myself with a slap. Because obviously, he wouldn't notice that.

"Where to?"

"I told you, if only you'd cared to pay attention." I said indignantly.

"Oh." He said as his expression morphed into one of realization. "Right, your mother. I'm sorry it slipped my mind."