Twenty-Six

"Unconventional"

Saray Richardson didn't think that anything worse than being losing her job couldn't happen to her.

Boy, was she wrong?

Her life made a U-turn and drove right off of a cliff when she received a text message from her boyfriend of almost a year yesterday.

Just like that - she was single and unemployed.

To make matters worse, he not only did it over text, but he didn't even give a reason.

In just one snap, Saray's love life had turned for the worst and crumbled.

Safe to say, she lost it - and rightfully so.

Saray tried to call him, but he wouldn't answer. He wouldn't even reply to her text messages. He went as far as blocking her number, erasing her from his life like she never even existed.

No one likes a breakup, but there's a better sense of closure when you do it in person to at least talk it out. He left Saray wondering what she did that was so wrong.

Yesterday they were great, they were even planning to go on a date at the end of the week. What could have possibly changed in a day?

The poor girl was distraught and spent the whole day locked up in her loft.

It felt as if the world was out to get her.

Saray stayed in bed, crying her eyes out all day. She didn't even eat and wasn't in the mood to do so.

Already she was a sensitive person, so these two traumatic changes felt like someone had run over her cat.

And she didn't have a cat or any animal for that matter.

From here, all she could do was heal, and Saray knew that. But that was so much harder to do when she didn't know what went wrong.

Saray ended up crying herself to sleep that night with all her snotty tissues surrounding her.

It wasn't until she switched her sleeping position that she fell off her bed, crashing right on the wooden floor.

"Ow," she let out a strained groan.

Saray's eyes fluttered open, and she slowly sat up, looking around her bright room.

The sun was intrusively shining right through her window, giving her the beautiful view of busy Seattle.

Grumbling, Saray rubbed her head and felt her tangled, messy curls. She hadn't twisted her hair last night either.

Saray swallowed in discomfort and distaste - her mouth and lips were so dry you'd think she slept in front of a heater. Plus, she hated the taste of morning breath.

With a sigh, she sat on her knees, searching through her tissue blanket for her phone.

Finding the device, she reached over to her bedside table and grabbed her round glasses.

After putting them on, she pushed the power button. Her brown eyes bulged at the time.

She had a job interview today.

Saray let a groan, hopping to her feet and running right to the bathroom. After putting her hair up, she had a quick shower and threw on the first thing she noticed on her floor.

Barely glimpsing in the mirror, she grabbed her purse, phone, keys and was out the door.

'''''